[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good literary magazines, journals, even online sources? Pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: nyrb032317.png (243KB, 1600x2178px) Image search: [Google]
nyrb032317.png
243KB, 1600x2178px
Good literary magazines, journals, even online sources?

Pic related has gone to absolute shit (see cover), but I have been enjoying the New Criterion and Laphams
>>
>>9396440
>Megyn Kelly
Just leak yer nudes already. The upskirt was nice, but we want more.
>>
LRB and LARB sometimes are OK
>>
>>9396440
I like some of the stuff Paris Review puts out. But I only go to their site now and then, I don't read any literary magazines
>>
If you don't like what the NYRB has become (only old people do) then you should absolutely avoid LARB. I'm ashamed to have it associated with my city. Times Literary Supplement is pretty good but expensive. They also have a lot of political stuff but balance it out with arts discussion. I'm interested in reading that Bob Gottlieb on Mary Astor, though. I'll have to check that out.
>>
>oh no, opinions I don't agree with!
>oh no, there are people who don't like a politician I have a misplaced excess of reverence for!
kys
>>
is that cover a joke or real i can't even tell although "neo-marxist" sounds like some queer shit a redpiller would say
>>
>>9398139
paris review subscription is actually p cheap compared to newstand price, probably worth it, but i just snipe back issues off ebay t b h
>>
Going to see I Am Not Your Negro soon

I expect to see a well-made movie about an interesting man who made brilliant points that will then be ruined when they compare it to an angry thug who got shot while threatening a cop or something of the like at the end
>>
>>9399408
It's a review of these books:

Grand Hotel Abyss: The Lives of the Frankfurt School by Stuart Jeffries
Habermas: A Biography by Stefan Müller-Doohm, translated from the German by Daniel Steuer
Adorno and Existence by Peter E. Gordon
>>
The only NYRB pieces I read are the ones by historians or other scholars, I can't imagine reading an issue cover to cover.
>>
>>9399449
>reviews of frankfurt related shit

oh neat i didnt' new nyrb did non-pleb stuff, i thought it was just reviews of the latest holocaust industry releases by farah-struass-and-geroux or those mass market books with big gold stars on the cover that they put on tables at the entrance to barnes and noble

still not gonna read it, but now i won't look at it with utter contempt
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.