[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this is considered acceptable prose in contemporary genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1492295244728.png (33KB, 1255x180px) Image search: [Google]
1492295244728.png
33KB, 1255x180px
>this is considered acceptable prose in contemporary genre fiction
>the guy who wrote this is actually being paid real life money to write this schlock while you work at starbucks, only moonlighting as a tortured member of the crypto-literati
>>
>>9395003
This is good childrens literature which all genre fiction basically is
>>
>>9395003
>Herkily-jerkily
Fucking hell. Even typing that out was painful.
>>
File: goofy in two weeks vacation.png (137KB, 488x350px) Image search: [Google]
goofy in two weeks vacation.png
137KB, 488x350px
There is a vast wealth of wonderful literature out there, almost none of which can be read, even with intensive reading through one's whole life. And yet you complain about something that you don't ever have to interact with? There are steaks being waved in front of your eyes - why go into the trash can instead to complain about the quality of the food there?
>>
File: weeble[1].jpg (40KB, 420x525px) Image search: [Google]
weeble[1].jpg
40KB, 420x525px
Weebles wobble but they can't fall down
>>
>>9395003
Sometimes I wonder if I should just become one of those authors who churns out franchise tie-in novels and earn a regular dime. I wonder how much of my soul it would suck out?
>>
>>9395028
This
>>
>>9395028

This for sure. A couple months ago, I realized that every fucking thing about literature was great, except for the culture that it gestates in. You can turn your back on the shit culture, it takes the same level of imagination and patience that you put into reading a good book.
>>
File: 1479489559504.jpg (893KB, 2192x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1479489559504.jpg
893KB, 2192x1020px
>>
>>9395003

Not defending this, and if it's who I suspect it is, then yes he's an atrocious writer, However, it's important to remember that ninety percent of everything really is crud.
Also PKD was weak with prose but excellent with ideas. Same with Dostoyevsky
But really the criterion here with something like OPs book is action, plot, worldbuilding and so on, not deep ideas or belletristic excellence
>>
File: hi.jpg (19KB, 375x250px) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
19KB, 375x250px
>>9395013
>childrens literature which all genre fiction basically is
>>
>>9395280
tfw you want to e-stalk this asshole and set him up for a lynching for being an obviously hetero middle class male misappropriating the struggles and image of oppressed people for his own professional gain

like wow how tall do you think your ivory tower is
>>
>>9395003
I'm really only offended by that em dash. If changing an em dash to a period would make your writing more impactful and clear, you've done something horribly wrong.

The rest seems gross, but maybe it's funny in context?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.