[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm making a reading list that I've titled "Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: F2x6AK9.jpg (127KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
F2x6AK9.jpg
127KB, 637x900px
I'm making a reading list that I've titled "Why take a writing class when you could just read these?"

What do you think should be added to the list:

"Building Great Sentences" by Brooks Landon
"Burning Down the House" by Charles Baxter
"Negotiating with the Dead: A Writer on Writing" by Margaret Atwood
"Reading like a Writer" by Francine Prose
"The Anatomy of Story" by John Truby
"Between the Lines: The Subtle Element of Fiction Writing" by Jessica Morrell
>>
>>9394477
Schopenahuer's On Women
Hitler's Mein Kampf
Decline of the West
the Culture of Critique Series
Protocols of the Elders of Zion
Breivik's manifesto
My Twisted World
Gulag Archipelago
Submission
>>
>>9394484

Thanks for the submission, we'll get back to you if any of your suggestions are accepted for inclusion.

Don't call us, we'll call you.
>>
Some anon posted a torrent a few weeks ago which had books about general non fiction. Anyway, I'll list some of the stuff it had since some of it might interest you:
Revision and Self-editing - James Scott Bell
The McGraw-Hill Desk Reference for Editors, Writers, and Proofreaders
The Art of Fiction - John D. Gardner
The Sound on the Page
The Chicago Manual of Style
I'll also mention:
How to Write - Gertrude Stein
Schopenhauer wrote some stuff on writing.
>>
>>9394520
>The Chicago Manual of Style
>>
File: thanks.jpg (16KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
16KB, 333x499px
>>
File: Happy-Dog[1].jpg (21KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Dog[1].jpg
21KB, 550x412px
>>9394477
>"Building Great Sentences" by Brooks Landon
>mfw
>>
>>9396493

It's an alright guide, nothing that you wouldn't pick up on your own through practice.
>>
>>9394477
gonna take this thread to recommend any college students to take the highest level english class for master thesis or w/e it may be called that your uni offers.
Even if you are not ESL, those teachers are very good and really committed to trying to help you perfect your writing and help you notice your own flaws in your writing.
There are always ways to improve.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.