[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your pen name? What's the story behind your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0585.jpg (109KB, 480x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0585.jpg
109KB, 480x599px
What's your pen name?

What's the story behind your pen name and why'd you choose to adopt one?
>>
Thomas Pynchon

Thought it sounded cute and I'm kinda shy
>>
>what's your pen name
I don't want people to know it's a pen name when I get published. :x
>what's the story behind it and why'd I choose to adopt it??
The story's rather uninteresting; I based the core of it off of a song that I enjoyed, mingled it with another name I liked, and then fit it all up with gematria, in a similar theme to the names of the main protagonists of the series I've been in the process of writing.
The reason I chose to adopt one is because I loathe the convention of fame, and I want to be known for the quality of work I produce, not the personality behind the work. Compound this with the fact that many writers I admire used a nom de plume, and you have yourself a pen name.
>>
My initials.
>>
I'm a meme loving fuck at heart so I use the name Jay Dimsa. Don't steal my fake name or else you'll be known for graphic standup about abuse and foster homes
>>
Albert Camus, you might have heard of me before
>>
>>9393975
I don't want my identity connect to my work and my pen name is from latin chosen for its resemblance of an actual name and my personal themes.
>>
I don't write anything but you could say practically say that my steam name is my pen name
>>
>>9393975

A little experiment I had where half the work I sent to magazines for publishing I did so with my own name and half the work with a female pseudonym.

The works sent under the female pseudonym were almost all accepted, while those sent under my own name were hit and miss.

So now I don't even try to fight the system, I am Rachael.
>>
Father's middle name and mother's maiden. Just now came up with it. It sounds distinct but believable and it hides my identity without denying where I came from.
>>
It's my name, but spelled incorrectly.
>>
>>9393975
Marshall Parsons
>>
>>9395333
Lel I just googled it and the first result is the sex offender registry. This is more perfect that I thought.
>>
>>9395365
came up w this because Gram Parsons is one of my favorite musicians

and i just liked the name marshall
>>
>>9393975

>40 year olds at college

What the fuck
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.