[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys recommend some door stoppers or big connected series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Door-Stopper-Security.png (1MB, 800x795px) Image search: [Google]
Door-Stopper-Security.png
1MB, 800x795px
Can you guys recommend some door stoppers or big connected series? (No genre fiction). I really enjoy very dense books tbqh, where you invest energy and have that feeling of continuity over large period of time. Among others I've read War and Peace, Anna Karenina, some of Dostoyevsky's books, Don Quijote, Oliver Twist, Bleak House, Doctor Faustus. I really hope to get some nice sugestions. (My native tongue is not English so I can also read in German, Latin and Romanian).
>>
http://4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Literature_by_type#Doorstoppers
>>
>>9393079
The meme trilogy
>>
>wants a big series
>won't read genre
>kek
>>
>>9393150
Well I thought /lit/ might know of one which isn't genre fiction.
>>
How about the works of Thomas Mann and Robert Musil? I figure "Joseph und seine Brüder" and "Der Mann ohne Eigenschaften" are especially robust door stoppers, though I’ve read neither so far.
>>
>>9393164
Google, nigger. Stop being a dipshit and go FIND a book
>>
>>9393186
Thanks man. Google, will check out.
>>
Another German-writing author tending towards the big society pieces (afaik) is Heimito von Doderer. "Die Strudlhofstiege: oder Melzer und die Tiefe der Jahre" is his best known work and nearly a thousand pages. And he’s written plenty more novels.
>>
>>9393079
Jean Christophe - Romain Rolland
The Wandering Jew - Eugene Sue
>>
>>9393079
The Magic Mountain
The Buddenbrooks
Gravity's Rainbow
Cormac McCarthy's Border Trilogy
Ulysses
Vanity Fair
Musashi
Count of Monte Cristo
The Three Musketeers trilogy (the third book alone is almost 2000 pages long)
Les Miserables
Notre Dame de Paris
In Search of Lost Time, if you consider it a single book
The Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese Literature (Journey to the West, for instance)
Genji Monogatari
The Sea of Fertility (Mishima's tetralogy)
The Book of the New Sun, The Illuminatus Trilogy or Arthur C. Clarke's Odysseys, in case you change your mind and want to try some sci-fi (or kinda sci-fi) series
And, in case you want to try some Spanish literature, La Regenta or Fortunata y Jacinta.

These are the ones that first came to my mind. Most of them are pretty /lit/core so you might be familiar with the titles by now.

PS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels
>>
>>9393079
Jerusalem
>>
Shogun
>>
>>
>>9393079
i use a small triangular piece of wood as a door stopper
using a book seems wasteful
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.