[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>born into an illiterate farm labouring family >have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: John_Clare.jpg (117KB, 654x800px) Image search: [Google]
John_Clare.jpg
117KB, 654x800px
>born into an illiterate farm labouring family
>have to work since childhood to support his family
>still manage to write works that become part of the literary canon

You have literally no excuse
>>
>>9392949
The value of books continues to decline with every year that passes.

Anything I write will just be a rehash of an idea someone else has had. And my book won't be read by even 100 people.
>>
>>9392955
If you will work really hard on one idea, it will not be a rehash
>>
>>9392949
yeah true
thx
>>
>>9392949
I know, and that shames me so anon, you have no idea. I love books so much, I love letters, I love to read. Nothing moves me so much as a beautifully constructed phrase. Yet, whenever I try to write, it just comes off as a shy, infantile attempt. There's no dept, no inspiration, the is vocabulary as wide a baby's nostril.

I can't write for shit, and that pains me.
>>
>>9392959
Kek, everything is a rehash, don't delude yourself. What makes something unique is how well you riff off the old idea. Originality is both overrated and unattainable.
>>
>>9392949
>literally who known solely to people with English studies degrees
WEW
>>
>>9392955
100 people isn't that hard desu, there are 7 billion people on the planet (roughly 1/4 of whom speak some sort of English) so even if your writing only appeals to 1% of 1% you'd still have a decent audience. It's just a matter of spreading the word.
>>
>>9392949
You think his misfortunes and hardships had nothing to do with his ability to produce valuable art? Our excuse ia that we weren't as lucky as him (so to speak).
>>
>>9393275
true
>>
>>9392955
This right here.
>>
>>9392955
>Anything I write will just be a rehash of an idea someone else has had.

Because you're a pleb
>>
File: Burt---Grimshaw-web.jpg (194KB, 600x741px) Image search: [Google]
Burt---Grimshaw-web.jpg
194KB, 600x741px
He was part alium though
>>
>>9394933
Can't talk shit if you haven't published anything valuable either.
>>
File: dancing negro.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
dancing negro.gif
4MB, 344x203px
>>9394947
Lmao nigga, yes I can. I'm doing it right now.
>>
sadly, todays world only renowns the blacks and transvestites.

Otherwise, I'd love to be a voice. Even for one person.

I've studied poetry and theory for 34 years and I've only had 2 poems published. It's taking its toll on me. I just want to leave a phantom of an artist behind.
>>
>>9395355
Can you send stuff in with a pseudonym? It seems to work for other shitposters. How do you publish poetry, since you are obviously familiar with it?
>>
>>9395367
That would feel so false. I probably wouldn't do that. I may just start some kind of blog and dump my 500~ pages of poetry just so it's there after my death.
You just hunt. I had a book called writer's fair or something and it would tell you all about different publishers and deadlines.
>>
>>9393275
never ever gonna make it anon, sorry
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.