[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey lit, i wanna start reading again These are the books i got.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 20170417_030033~01.jpg (2MB, 3212x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_030033~01.jpg
2MB, 3212x2988px
Hey lit, i wanna start reading again
These are the books i got. Which ones do you recommend I read first?
>>
>>9391176
Catcher in the Rye, 1984, The Great Gatsby, Hitchhiker's Guide, The Road. The rest are, to my knowledge, varying degrees of utter garbage, to the point that part of me thinks that your post may be bait. Steven King is a VASTLY overrated writer, though I found the extended version of The Stand a fun read.
>>
>>9391176
it would be better to not read and lurk this board desu
>>
>>9391176
Don't listen to them, read whatever you want. Even if most of them are shit, at least start from somewhere.
>>
>>9391176
Those are pretty good choices to ease back into reading.
I'd suggest starting with Catcher in the Rye or Gatsby, they're both good books and easy, comfy reading. The road is good as well, Hitchhiker's Guide is fun, 1984 is pretty good.
Can't recommend King as I'm not much of a fan. He's not that great, I personally would avoid him.
So get reading.
>>
>>9391176
McCarthy, Orwell, Catcher and Gatsby. Throw everything else out.
>>
If you faggots hate king, who is good horror?

>In b4 Frankenstein/Dracula/house of leaves meme
>>
>>9391176
that looks great anon! great taste!
>>
>>9391176
My recommendation would be for you to skim through various genres of pirated ebooks, dedicate your free time to ones you enjoy, establish your taste, emphasise on developing it and avoid the pleb trash you got on your hands right now.
>>
>>9391403
creepypasta and chain emails
>>
>>9391403
Something tells me you're not familiar with /lit/
>>
I suggest holding a bonfire
>>
>>9391176
that bed looks really comfy
also catcher in the rye and then burn the rest
>>
>>9391417
Where do you pirate your e books? Tpb hasn't been great in my experience
>>
>>9391447
libgen, myanonamous, bibliotik
>>
File: redd.jpg (1MB, 3212x2988px) Image search: [Google]
redd.jpg
1MB, 3212x2988px
>>9391176
Man that's some reddit tier bait.
>>
>>9391460
>leaving reddit's all time favourite
>>
>>9391176
Ditch the Kings and read one of the others, preferably Catcher, Gatsby or 1984. /lit/ may moan about them being 'entry level' but that's what makes them good for getting into reading.
>>
>>9391403
There is no good genre fiction. You can read King, but be aware it is just mindless entertainment.
>>
>>9391447
irc
>>
>>9391568
there is absolutely nothing wrong with
>mindless entertainment
>>
>>9391913
Sure, but it ain't lit. >>> /vg/
>>
>>9391913
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. Just that you should be aware of what you are doing. And that you won't get any respect for it on a board about literature.

Sometimes I watch stupid action movies, sometimes I eat junk food, sometimes I read genre fiction. But I won't compare Transformers to Dr. Strangelove, I won't compare Burger King to a Michelin star restaurant and I won't compare George R.R. Martin to Dostoyevsky. Catch my drift?
>>
>>9391913
It's a complete waste of time. Other than that, yeah, nothing wrong.
>>
>>9392203
>Burger King to a Michelin star restaurant

Good analogy, some people don't realize they're starving and shoot immediately for the stars.

Catcher in the Rye
>>
>>9391568

>no good genre fiction

meme wolf disagrees
>>
Maybe reading just isn't for you.
>>
Read The Road last. McCarthy has a pretty unique prose.
>>
>>9391403
Lovecraft and Ligotti
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.