[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the key to successful story telling? I've got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

What's the key to successful story telling?

I've got a friend that is writing a cartoon that I'm going to animate, but I fear that his writing style is too weak to accommodate a story.

There's no linear train of thought (I want to tell this kind of story to people, so I'll craft it around this idea).

There's no consideration to an audience.

He visualizes a scene, and then he writes about it. It seems problematic and weak. It's like smoke and mirrors, and I fear it's reflected in his work.

I can't say we'll ever get a good story out of a thought process like that.

I understand writing is a skill like drawing is a skill, but is there a right way to write fictional stories?

I can only say I know that there's certainly a right and wrong way to create functional, believable recreations of reality when it comes to art.
>>
Fanservice
>>
>>9389961
*Smoke and Sound

I believe he has the brain to create great works of fiction, but he doesn't think critically in the right manner about what he's creating.

I read his work, and it's very far from Stephen King.

I understand that visualization is an important part of writing, but I can't believe that it's everything.

I worry about the kind of cartoon we'll be making if I'm adapting something that can't stand on its own as a written work. I worry about pouring hours upon hours in-betweening something that will ultimately fall on its face due to a bad foundation.
>>
The prose.
>>
I'm sure that writing isn't something people can just pick-up in a day and be successful at.

I've no experience writing, but I know it's difficult to successfully do.
>>
>>9390002
>writing isn't something people can just pick-up in a day and be successful at

I don't think you realize just how shitty and dumbed-down a work has to be in order to find a place in the hearts of millions.

The most successful writers hold that title due to serendipity.
>>
What I do is to write a "skeleton" of the story before I actually write it. Thus I can think about it without having to worry about the actual writing. Then I can make adjustments according to what I've written.

If that makes sense
>>
>>9390023
I don't believe it's really that easy though.

Even garbage like 50 shades of grey has a lot of thought put into it.

I fear you don't give people enough credit as human beings.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.