[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Whatever we may ponder, we have to start with the Greeks."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 15732205.jpg (13KB, 200x311px) Image search: [Google]
15732205.jpg
13KB, 200x311px
"Whatever we may ponder, we have to start with the Greeks."
-Eumeswil by Ernst Jünger (Neugroschel translation), p. 310.

Also discusses Stirner a bunch.

So, while you thought you were shitposting, you were actually quoting Jünger.

Though actually, you were doing both
>>
junger is an ever bigger meme than stirner
>>
Memes aside, is that a good book?
>>
>>9389176
It's real weird, more philosophy than a book.
>>
File: 1429130924251.png (103KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1429130924251.png
103KB, 624x434px
>mfw our memes get confirmed by Based Jünger

This is a good feel.
>>
>>9388245
The difference is Stirner was a juvenile, Jünger is a genius
>>
File: image.jpg (381KB, 1039x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381KB, 1039x1024px
There are countless pearls of wisdom in this book...

To make vague more precise, to define the indefinite more and more sharply; that is the task of every development, every temporal exertion. (9)

A good hawk, a swift hound, a noble steed
Are worth far more than twenty women indeed (14)

Time itself provides enjoyment. Therein lies the secret of tobacco. (19)

When we look back, our eyes alight on graves and ruins, on a field of rubble. We are the inveigled by a mirage of time; while believing that we are advancing and progressing, we are actually moving towards that past. Sooner will belong to it: time passes over us. This sorrow overshadows a historian.

Bees have rediscovered the kinship between flora and fauna. Cosmogonic Eros in a favorable conjunction. (21)

Distinctions between the races vanish at the peaks (23)

Evil becomes more dreadful the longer it is deprived of air. (23)
>>
>>9390225
interesting
>>
>>9390225
brb selling my animals to buy twenty women
>>
>>9389176
I'm finding Eumeswil pretty slow-going. It's certainly a great novel, but I wouldn't recommend starting with it. His memoir Storm of Steel is amazing, and The Glass Bees is a very fine short novel. I also greatly enjoyed Aladdin's Problem, which is sort of in between Glass Bees and Eumeswil in complexity.
>>
>>9390307
I fully agree with your assessment. Glass Bees and Aladdin's Problem are prerequisites before one reads Eumeswil, which is incredibly complex compared to the former.

I would put Storm of Steel in a class of its own. It's raw and matter-of-fact, written by a warrior as opposed to a philosopher.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.