[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys like Kerouac? I started reading On the Road a few months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Kerouac.png (73KB, 220x307px) Image search: [Google]
Kerouac.png
73KB, 220x307px
You guys like Kerouac? I started reading On the Road a few months ago yet never finished it as I really didn't get myself that interested about it. Might start reading it again, this time in its original language, though.
>>
/lit/ doesn't like Kerouac, he was a fucking hack and the whole beat movement was a joke.
>>
>>9386441
DUDE LONG SCROLLS OF BAD WRITING

It's garbage and is only relevant as a historical marker for an embarrassingly self-indulgent period of western history
>>
i didn't enjoy on the road - any attempt at lyrical writing turns out fucking abysmal, even for a stream of consciousness. i do find it interesting though how the catholic republican kerouac came to be associated with the hippies
>>
>>9387156
Well, he was a catholic republican who did all sorts of drugs, liked to listen to experimental jazz, famously wrote about love affairs with Mexican and black women, had several gay friends, probably experimented with some homosexual activity himself, and seemed to have few qualms about hanging out with criminals.
>>
>>9386441
It's the rock music of literature. Sloppy, incompetent, sensationalist, and appealing primarily to teenagers.
>>
>>9387168
it's crazy!
>>
>that part of on the road where neal cassady invites kerouac to be his bull and he refuses
>>
>>9387175
Why do you call his stuff sensationalist? That's one of the last words I would use to describe it. I can sort of maybe see it applying to On the Road, but not to his later stuff.
>>
>>9387180
Actually, the average leftist today, not to speak of the average right-winger, is pretty tame compared to the Beats. Hanging out with those people could be legitimately dangerous. It brought you into contact with a certain number of the insane, the reckless, and criminals.
That aspect of it wasn't Kerouac's focus, though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.