[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holden Caufield: a latent homosexual? Yes, or no? Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: images-15.jpg (25KB, 223x351px) Image search: [Google]
images-15.jpg
25KB, 223x351px
Holden Caufield: a latent homosexual?
Yes, or no?
Please state your reasons why.
>>
Just because he doesn't bang the whore? But he did banged his sister.
>>
>>9386447
He talks about how he's been perved on by men since he was a kid. That thing leaves quite a mark. It would explain why he never bangs anyone.
>>
>>9386452
>It would explain why he never bangs anyone.
But anon I'm older than him and I never banged anyone. There must be another reasons.

>He talks about how he's been perved on by men since he was a kid. That thing leaves quite a mark.
I agree, but never specifies the extension of the stuff that happened to him. And he can be fucked up in so many another ways, whithout being necessarily a fag.
>>
>>9386481
*he
>>
>>9386481
>>9386485
He has the opportunity to bang plenty of girls. I assume he just can't get it up when he has the chance. The fact that he was probably molested "at least 20 times," as he said, has probably made him so deeply closeted he doesn't even realise. Quite a fucked up character.
>>
>>9386492
Can you remember this exact passage?
>>
>>9386506
I finished reading the book an hour ago, so it's fresh in my mind.
>>
>>9386400
the book is from the 1950s. ZOG hadn't even implemented homosexuality yet
>>
>>9386604
Post the quote
>>
>>9386614
actually thats when it was most heavily underway
see: jean genet's short movie, gore vidal's books and documentaries like the homosexuals and that mondo one
OPEN UR EYES..
>>
>>9386626
"When something perverty like that happens, I start sweating like a bastard. That kind of stuff's happened to me about twenty times since I was a kid. I can't stand it."
>>
>>9386614
Don't you know that Salinger IS Jewish?
>>
>>9386641
Seems more like an exaggeration, especially since he wasn't even molested during the scene you're referring to.
>>
>>9386452
>>9386492
He doesn't bang the girl because to him having sex meant losing another part of his child-self, on a subconscious level of course. Childhood and coming of age are the central themes of the book.
>>
>>9386400

No, the merry go round in the end is a symbol of innocence lost. Apathy and alienation crystallized, even if he had homosexual tendences and no indication shows whatsoever, he loves his sister and that's a symbol in itself. He didn't bang her.
>>
Are you a 40 year old houswife?

Back to the kitchen
>>
>>9386614
God I fucking love the term ZOG.
>>
I THINK ITS PRETTY FUCKED UP HOW THIS WHINY BRAT CANJUST START SHOOTING THE SHIT ABOUT DUCK MIGRATION RIHT AFTER HE RAPES HIS LITTLE SISTER TO DEATH, WHAT THE FRICK!?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.