[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Disagree with "How to Win Friends & Influence people"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1489838828295.jpg (2KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1489838828295.jpg
2KB, 125x112px
>Disagree with "How to Win Friends & Influence people"

I hope someone can challenge me to this. So I'm only into the 2nd chapter so far, and the things that have been said so far is mainly that you should not critizise people. "There is nothing else that kills the ambitions of a person as criticism from superiors."
Direct I would say that the last direct quote from the book is false. I have always loved being an underdog and if people told me I coulden't do something I would work hard at it to prove them wrong. At the same time, if I got to much praise I would get anxious for all the pressuare to do well that was now on me. I also know Howard Stern went so hard into Radio because of his father disgurishing words about radio and that Howard should persue another career.
Also at work I can become lazy sometimes and take longer breaks then Im allowed, but after a few weeks when I got a reprimend from my boss I stopped doing it.
So yea..?
>>
No bro, you are autistic
>>
>>9384791
>Self-help books
Why would succesful people want to share their secrets in the first place? They're just trying to make money off your gullible ass.
>>
File: 1475884570312.jpg (99KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475884570312.jpg
99KB, 500x750px
To put it in simple terms for you OP.. if you tell someone they're a stupid cunt, they will remember you for that. Whether they are a stupid cunt or not is irrelevant.

Now they do not wish to help you, you can not gain anything from them.

You have burned a bridge.

Tell the same stupid cunt that you like his shirt, he'll remember that forever.

He will be more likely to help you, or you can gain something from him.
>>
>>9384791
The idea is that when someone turns in something sub par, you don't jump down their throat. You tell them what you liked about it, and then where they could improve it. If done correctly, the employee is left feeling like they did an adequate job, but there is room for improvement.Every engagement with a subordinate can be used as an opportunity to both encourage and teach.

Many people view themselves as the hero in their own life version of Rocky. They think they will persevere through shitty bosses and become the very best. The reality is that they end up hating their jobs, never improving, and washing out within a few years.

You should view dealing with subordinates more like sharpening a tool. This is the essence of being a leader instead of a manager. A leader gives direction, and opportunity. A manager just herds cats.
>>
>>9384791
It depends. If it's someone close to you, then you should criticize where appropriate. If it's a stranger or coworker, then you should avoid criticism whenever possible because you don't know that person. Don't criticize people on subjects that are beyond your scope of knowledge. If you really feel the need to criticize, try to put it in the form of a question first instead of a negative statement.

There's the case where a person criticizes merely to show that he/she's superior to the the person being criticized, in order to compensate for their poor self-esteem. This kind of person constantly looks for flaws in the other person (real or imagined) in order to make themselves look better in comparison. Don't be this kind of person.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.