[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some actually useful writing tips that haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: i wanna fuck that laptop.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
i wanna fuck that laptop.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
what are some actually useful writing tips that haven't been said a million types before?
>>
>>9384102
>inb4 "proofread"
>>
>>9384102
there honestly aren't any useful tips that haven't been said millions of times before. writing isn't difficult. bad writers just make it so. now, if you want to be a successful Stephen King type writer, then i'd say read his On Writing book. everything you need to know about writing easy to digest stories is there.

okay, i'll leave with one tip. do what works for you. if you'rea night owl, well, write at night. if you're a morning person, set apart a few hours every morning to write. see? easy as pie.
>>
Just do whatever. Don't worry about if you are writing the wrong way or shit, because if you try to force yourself into somebody else's rules for writing your writing is going to suffer.
>>
>>9384102
show and dont telll
>>
>>9384102
If you're doing single-perspective, write the same novel form the perspective of all the major characters simultaneously, then burn all of them except one
>>
>>9384189
that sounds like a massive timesink.
>>
Nofap.
>>
File: spurdo takbir.png (27KB, 402x348px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo takbir.png
27KB, 402x348px
say something new as if it could have been said already a million times before.
>>
>>9384182

This. Whether you agree or disagree with his aesthetic theories, it's true what Harold Bloom said about artistic process: "There is no method except yourself."

That is to say, art proceeds from the deepest part of a person, and it is this which separates the good stuff from the bad.
>>
>>9384102
Just bee urself ;)
>>
>>9384102
good writing should flow like a good piece of music, with rhythms and recurrent patterns. It must exhibit self similarity without repeating itself, much like a fractal
>>
>>9384102

Don't write.
>>
>>9384102
Best way to get original inspiration is to become terribly bored. When I feel creatively vacuous I take a day off work and stare at a wall or go to an unremarkable natural location and sit there until something occurs to me. Sometimes nothing does, sometimes ideas I can't believe I hadn't previously imagined do. Get bored as hell for as long as your means permit. don't watch anything, don't listen to music, don't read, just sit somewhere until an idea takes hold of you.

As for the actual writing part, you can tell how well read a writer is by how well they write, thus, exhaustively committ to becoming well read, while also leaving times of blankness to become inspired.

To accomplish writing something of significant length, committ to a writing schedule that you don't deviate from even if you don't feel like writing, as long as the schedule is realistic.

That all being said, consider how intelligent you actually are. Writing is one of the loftiest trades imaginable. Mention your a writer to 10 people, 7 will roll their eyes, 2 will be writers themselves, and 1 will openly scoff. Even if you are intelligent enough to produce readable bodies of text, consider whether it's the best move or not, since it's a fading market and the odds are stacked so high against you.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.