[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am quite confident to say at least, that what we will be seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

I am quite confident to say at least, that what we will be seeing is a language change from contemporary English towards memetic English. Memes, in all the sense, are the proverb of the future, the crème de la crème of the new times ahead. I notice you thinking: is this to be celebrated? Yes, I say. With utmost confidence I say they are. Memes as you might be aware of are contagious, and so they go viral and stick around until they fade away.

Some people are notorious at spreading memes, I call these people meme sexuals. Meme sexuals compete with each other in the meme marketplace. They want to spread their memes. Some people want to prevent their competitors from doing the same. This creates a tension between the meme sexual. Some people evolve resistance towards some memes. We can learn a lot from Freud about memes: it is all about lust that makes people engage in memes. Ok, I notice you thinking again: what does this have to do with /lit/?

Well what I mean by this is that if you want to survive the upcoming century as a writer you have to put memes into your writing. Personally I am still wondering how to best do this. Consider the following: the English we are currently using is like the Vulgar Latin that is about to be changed into the Romance languages like Italian. I am not saying that we’ll see several new languages of English (though this is an interesting thesis worth mind wandering about), what I am saying is that the current English will not appeal to the maturing populations of today. It will seem foreign and alien to them.

So my advice to /lit/, as a bit of an outsider I will confess, is to study memes and memetics so your writing will remain relevant. Hope this helps.
>>
>>9383819
>>
>>9383819
>creme de la creme
oh, i see, cliches. thanks, op!
>>
>>9383819
We need a progressive English, free of hate.
>>
File: 572372246135a1546275de2e.jpg (39KB, 604x496px) Image search: [Google]
572372246135a1546275de2e.jpg
39KB, 604x496px
>born too early to major in Pepe Studies
>>
>>9385580
That wd limit the language, severely. I wd assume what is meant is a people free of hate? If so, impossible. That will remain an individual goal, and should. Good luck..
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.