[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna tional/archive/2013/08/t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0020.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0020.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/08/tolstoy-is-the-tolstoy-of-the-zulus/278789/
>>
Huh?
>>
>>9380514
just read it. or don't, i don't care, i thought it was interesting.
>>
>>9380544
I've read it, that's why I'm confused. What is the author's point here?
>>
>>9380566
i don't know! she stole a library book and talked about her dad. i looked up tolstoy was black as a joke and got this and wanted to share.
>>
>>9380581
That's everything? You found a column that doesn't make much sense to you and then you just decided that people on /lit/ should read it too?
>>
>>9380603
yep, please don't be upset with me.
>>
>>9380610
I'm not even upset, I'm just confused.
>>
>>9380613
i don't know, it was in my tabs since two weeks ago, and never got around to reading it until today when i needed a distraction from politics and decided to read something with a fairly outlandish title, and i am confronted with a girl name dropping her father and vaguely talking about how much she loves tolstoy. i was reminded of the africa segment of V. when she was talking about her father and his hi fi obsession.

i don't know what i expected, probably something more inflammatory, in the end itmwas just sort of a strange inconclusive story about how she associated angry men with her father. now i'm wondering what sexual conclusions can be made about her.
>>
>>9380636
>something more inflammatory
Me too, that's why I clicked on the thread and link, I wanted to be triggered a little bit and emotionally connect with /pol/acks. The actual article is like a ruined orgasm.

I say we dox that bitch.
>>
Shit article.
kys your self OP
>>
>>9380686
nonono, let's do no such thing, it was an okay story, it made a few swipes at racism, but nothing on that level of anger. i just thought it was going to be comical. i use /pol/ a bit but it just makes me depressed. i figured there could be a laugh in tolstoy being claimed by black culture. turns out it had nothing of the sort.
>>9380784
hey man, i didn't make you read it.
>>
>>9380481
This is around the time where Ta Nehisi Coates realized he could submit fucking anything to the editor and they would run it. He has had the Atlantic in a stranglehold for 4 years now and it isn't ending any time soon.
He spoke here at the University of Michigan not too long ago and I snuck into the auditorium because fuck paying $15 for muh reparations talk. Guest speakers often seem to be spitting the 30 minute version of their book with little effort on their part but this guy was something else. A robotic speech that sounded like it had worn out 30 colleges ago and cut off without much point. He took 2 easy questions and called it a night. I hate this man.
>The article on redlining was on of The Atlantic's best pieces in years though desu
>>
>>9380838
oh, it was a dude? i thought for sure it was written by a woman. don't know why. what a nice anecdote though. really makes me ooze with venom for the guy now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.