[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is learning so hard for me is learning supposed to be excruciating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: cc1.jpg (26KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
cc1.jpg
26KB, 619x453px
why is learning so hard for me

is learning supposed to be excruciating and feel like running into a brick wall

how can i help meself to learn better and faster
>>
What do you mean? "I can't learn" is very vague. Are you having trouble understand what you're learning? Or are you having trouble remembering what you learn? More info would he helpful.
>>
>>9380368
memorizing things with brute force repetition is only way I seem to learn, but can you call parroting learning?

I can't understand something just by contemplating it. I barely detect patterns and applying logic learned before to something new is hard for me.

I really fuckd up myself when I didn't care about school and learning to learn is incredibly hard
>>
>>9380382
Start with topics that are interesting to you. When you develop a habit for studying and learning becomes easier. Also, another general tip, don't study where you spend leisure time, your mind will be in a habit to distract itself with your other daily activities.
>>
File: 1488689789745.jpg (50KB, 273x272px) Image search: [Google]
1488689789745.jpg
50KB, 273x272px
>>9380349
If you run your fat head into that brick wall enough times, you'll either die or break through it, so chin up.
>>
>>9380349
I can relate this feeling. Sorry, but that's learning, Plato felt the same way and he was a genius so get used to it.
>>
>>9380382
If it makes you feel better it's probably not your fault. Compulsory education didn't usually make people smart or good at learning. Just keep trying of you really do want to learn. Or just don't. I'm an autodidact and learning in itself isn't fulfilling.
>>
>>9380349
That depends, anon. Laziness and procrastination are different from a mental disability. Either way, you need to practice. Whether you're learning Russian or how to lift weights, practice is important. Plenty of people are talented, plenty more work hard at it.

>>9380725
>Compulsory education didn't usually make people smart or good at learning
Yeah, it was meant to establish a minimum base of knowledge for the post-Industrial Revolution economy.
>>
Do you have a learning disability? It depends, some things will also vary in difficulty. I can learn things about writing very easily but earlier I tried to learn a new language and found it very difficult.
>>
>>9381163
If you've got a learning disability get a prescription cocktail of clopixol, anxiolytic, valproate and clonidine.
>>
I'm in an engineering major and everybody thinks I'm intelligent because I get high marks in subjects like physics and math, and I'm also able to speak multiple languages.

I still feel retarded, though, because all the learning I've ever really done is emulation. The amount of intellect it must have taken for the men who discovered these laws and equations is so far beyond me that I realize I am an idiot in comparison. I'll never be anything more than somebody who is good at memorizing things and learning through repetition. Although, I guess that's everybody who isn't born a gifted genius.
>>
>>9381313
As the circle of your knowledge increases, so does the radius of your ignorance - the more you realize you don't know

It's a never-ending battle for knowledge, anon, but look around and you'll see plenty of people have already given up
>>
>>9381313
as a proletarian that is your lot in life, memorize the things mark zuckerburg needs you to memorize in order to make his vision for the future a reality, but hey at least you'll be able to drive a bmw to and from your cubicle on like all those horrible hippy bums loafing about on haight st.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.