[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The single most acclaimed superhero comic of all time is a direct

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: watchmen.jpg (178KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen.jpg
178KB, 400x600px
The single most acclaimed superhero comic of all time is a direct attack on the very concept of superheroes and implies that it's really fucked up to like superheroes.

Does such a work exist for YA fiction?
>>
>>9377349
Harry Potter
>>
>>9377351

How is Harry Potter anti-YA fiction?
>>
>>9377354
Oh, whoops, you're right.

I meant War And Peace by Tolstoy
>>
>>9377354

>a bunch of unlikeable shits ruin their nation forever (letting muggles in will dilute the blood and soon they will be unable to practise magic, someone has that magical theory class .jpg)
>they beat people who are far more experienced and well studied than they by sheer plot armor and power of friendship level bullshit
>they go on to lead boring lives as consequence of them being boring people
>wouldn't be interesting or important at all if some god didn't appoint them the chosen one and friends thereof
>they fight for things and people they don't even understand (not-gandalf's shadowy past, snape, voldemort did nothing wrong, the magical government is a flaccid lot of incompetents) and can't be told otherwise when they set their mind to something retarded (harry got sirious seriously killed)
>constantly act according to preconceived notions (harry hating on snape and draco constantly and masturbating to not-gandalf) and never change their minds or admit they were wrong
>all the main characters are attractive and are surrounded by ugly caricatures and cardboard characters

Turns out rowling was a genius, but it was 2deep4plebs, and all the fans simply misinterpreted it. Harry Potter is meant to illustrate all the ways YA is awful and that the readers deserve to get gassed. Similar to how comic fans use the watchmen to argue that comics can be literary.
>>
how long until the copypasta? but anyway I think Harry Potter is genuinely a well written series and that Rowling is great at writing what she does. I like that theory above but I like them at face value.
>>
From what I know of YA fiction is that generally it's form is fairly absolutist. There's good and evil and there's nothing in between. So I doubt within this specific genre there's something with too much depth.

`
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.