[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he seriously believe in God or was it just satire? >muh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 51pq7x-x5BL.jpg (51KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
51pq7x-x5BL.jpg
51KB, 329x500px
Did he seriously believe in God or was it just satire?

>muh god
>muh god
>muh god
>muh god

Literally every sentence is muh god. Like we get it, Augustine, why do you have to shove your Christian God in our faces?

Recommend me something better /lit/
>>
never post here again
>>
>>9376239
>why do you have to shove your Christian God in our faces?
Why did you read it? What were you expecting?
>>
>>9376242
>>9376249
I thought /lit/ was supposed to be smart/savvy
>>
>>9376239
He's...confessing to both us and god. Has your autism been clinically diagnosed yet?
>>
>>9376239
>triggered by someone being so devoted to their faith

Confessions is one of the most comprehensible and yet incomprehensible books for the Modern mind. The language, scenarios and experiences are similar, and yet the way we understand faith so incredibly divorced from it.

Have some humility and learn something from it.
>>
>>9376265
This. OP should never try to read anything remotely philosophical again with that mindset.
>>
>>9376239
> reads a book by Saint Agustine about confessing to God
> is surprised it's full of confessions to God

What the fuck are you doing, OP, do you struggle to spell your own name too?
>>
File: 1698.jpg (19KB, 277x475px) Image search: [Google]
1698.jpg
19KB, 277x475px
You're reading the wrong translation.
>>
>>9376242
first post best post
>>
>>9376249
I read it because /lit/ recommended it to me. I was expecting some original philosophical thoughts and ideas that would affect me profoundly as a person, but I guess I was expecting too much and I didn't learn anything. It's literally him just sucking God. Anyone can suck God that much, I don't see what's so special about him.
>>
File: 1489820151313.jpg (338KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1489820151313.jpg
338KB, 2000x3000px
>>9376339
>Anyone can suck God that much, I don't see what's so special about him.
>>
>>9376339
If you can't get past this and read it for what it is you'll never "get it". Go read something you'll actually enjoy
>>
>>9376242
Fpbp
>>
this is a bait thread
>>
File: robber.png (47KB, 230x221px) Image search: [Google]
robber.png
47KB, 230x221px
>>9376239
say that to my face you fucking cunt
>>
>>9376339
>I was expecting some original philosophical thoughts and ideas that would affect me profoundly as a person
Confessions is full of that, though...you really are just autistic and obviously can't comprehend anything you read.
>>
File: 1491874817799.jpg (51KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1491874817799.jpg
51KB, 460x460px
>>9376239
Holy shit my man
>>
>>9376418
>Confessions is full of that, though...
Yeah, sure. Like what? Give me an example.
>>
>>9376431
For you [God] are infinite and never change. In you 'today' never comes to an end: and yet our 'today' does come to an end in you, because time, as well as everything else, exists in you. If it did not, it would have no means of passing. And since your years never come to an end, for you they are simply 'today'...But you yourself are eternally the same. In your 'today' you will make all that is to exist tomorrow and thereafter, and in your 'today' you have made all that existed yesterday and for ever before.
>>
>>9376494
That's mistaking nonsense for deep thought. He really tries hard to seem adequate in philosophy and all, but in reality it's all impractical and nonsensical.
>>
>>9376524
Ok, now I know that you're just baiting. Nobody is this retarded.
>>
>>9376431
Applying platonist and neoplatonist ideas to Christianity.
>>
>>9376534
You didn't even post an argument for why this is quote is insightful. You just posted it.
>>
>>9376542
It's insightful for this reason >>9376537
>>
>>9376542
Why would I post an argument for why a famous quote is insightful? It's pretty self-evident and doesn't require too much thought. You asked me to post an example, not to think for you.
>>
>>9376542
Oh, so he found a more creative and inventive way to suck God? Genius.
>>
This is a troll post, right?
>>
"muh" is my least favorite meme. even worse than "does ___ once"
>>
>>9376255
>Literally reads theology and complains about there being talk of God.

Fucking bait.
>>
>>9376242
This tbhfam.
>>
>>9376672
Agreed. It's lost its luster, time to retire it.
>>
>>9376239
It's pretty much just that, yes. Learn not to expect too much from religious lit recs.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.