[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Is this book good? >Why is it so memed here on lit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: holden.jpg (349KB, 568x455px) Image search: [Google]
holden.jpg
349KB, 568x455px
>Is this book good?

>Why is it so memed here on lit?

>Why was this shit mandatory for high schools since there are so many better books?

>Was he into pedophilia and incest?

>Is this an illuminati book? ( http://postflaviana.org/a-pedophile-fantasy-in-the-rye/) ?
>>
Yes.
It's a very controversial book no matter where you look. This is most likely due to the conduct of the main character.
Reminder that American high schools read only American literature, barring a few English ones such as 1984. There really are no better American books at a high schooling reading level to read.
No.
No.
>>
Its a good book, however, don't go into it expecting a traditional beginning, middle and end as its more of a voyeuristic adventure into the mind of the protagonist.

Its referenced, not just on here, but in Western culture a lot because of its depiction of youth and apathy in a capitalist driven society.

Not American but I would make a guess that it has something to do with its popularity and the fact that it relatable to teenagers.

Not that Im aware of.

Don't understand this question.
>>
This book killed me. It really did.
>>
>>9375281
you phony
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRj4R0hgi8w
Reminder that women will NEVER be able to understand The Catcher in the Rye

>Young Adult novel
Not just because it's easy to read and it's about a teenager means it's "young adult" shit

>Holden is an unreliable, irritating jerk
No, he's not

>"holden says everyone is fake, but he is fake too !!!!"
Wow it's almost like you read the book and completely missed the point

Shit this pissed me off
>>
>>9374440
It was good when it came out, and it´s still good, but its just not relevant anymore. Kids today doesn't identify and relate to Holden if you ask me, not in the "50´s way". Teen angst has changed. Someone write the tumblr-equivalent of this and it´s gonna be a classic
>>
Isnt this high-school level fiction?
>>
>>9375467
her favourite thing is when they reference the title within the art eeekk
>>
>>9374440
Yes
I only see posts about how 'whiny' Holden is
No
No
>>
How do you guys justify the fact that some serial killers are found with this book ?
>>
>>9376622
subjective interpretation of fiction
>>
>>9376622
How do you justify the fact that all serial killers are found with clothes?
>>
>>9376622
>>9376622
Erm, anon: you DO know that EVERY serial/spree killer has been a Star Trek fan, right? This is a true thing. Think about that.
>>
>>9376622
100% of all known serial killers are know to drink water and breath air. Your point?
>>
>>9377717
We need to ban air and water NOW to protect our neighborhoods and keep our kids safe! Only when air and water are kept out of the hands of these psychopaths will we be safe and free. Air and water allow killers to roam our streets at will. We must put an end to this menace once and for all! WE MUST DESTROY ALL AIR AND WATER BEFORE IT FALLS INTO THE SERIAL KILLERS' HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>9374440
>Reminder that American high schools read only American literature, barring a few English ones such as 1984.
Not true at all. Austen, Wilde, Shakespeare, Dickens, and the Bronte sisters are all read.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.