[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/, I'm at the store right now, is this the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4391.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4391.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
/lit/, I'm at the store right now, is this the best printing to get?
>>
File: GRcoveralternate.jpg (113KB, 421x640px) Image search: [Google]
GRcoveralternate.jpg
113KB, 421x640px
>>9374145
this one is.
>>
leave it for someone who actually wants it and will understand it
>>
Get the one with the see through nipples on it.
>>
File: IMG_4392.jpg (2MB, 1222x3649px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4392.jpg
2MB, 1222x3649px
Or should I buy the Vintage Anniversary Edition on Amazon?
>>
>>9374145
>>9374161
apparently the orange one is the best.
>>
>>9374150
Reeeeeee fucking worldofbooks sent me a wrong copy reee
>>
>>9374161
>tfw I received fuck-ugly GR cover as a gift
>tfw I bought the black and white Penguin edition to alleviate this
>it's riddled with errors

This is why I usually pirate books
>>
>>9374161
the vintage is error free, but it doesn't stay true to the original page count.
>>
>>9374145

that's literally the best one
>>
File: gr-penguin-95.jpg (57KB, 350x532px) Image search: [Google]
gr-penguin-95.jpg
57KB, 350x532px
>>9374145
This one is more apt and descriptive
>>
>>9374150
I know you're joking but i kinda dig this cover. can't get enough of those 1940s pin-up girls
>>
>>9375823
>joking
Why? Definitely best cover for it I've seen.
>>
yes, get it
>>
>>9374161
Fuck, I bought the penguin edition of Gravity's Rainbow.

How prevalent are the errors? Is it worth it to buy another book entirely?

Also, is it better to have read the other two (V and Crying) first?
>>
>>9375875
I remember in GR general threads at the time I read it people posted examples of the errors which range from missing complete passages and words to typos. Probably best to pick up another edition and maybe sell the Penguin one if it's in a good condition.

I didn't read V or TCoL49 before GR but they probably would prepare you with the way Pynchon writes prose and his sense of humour. GR may be too disorienting for some otherwise but you'll probably still enjoy it a whole bunch if you just let yourself get carried away with it. It's wonderful.
>>
>>9375896
I would sell it, but that would just perpetuate the cycle... I think I'll keep it. I like the style of the edition, and I can compare with a different version to see if the errors are there or if I got lucky with the print.
>>
>>9375933
Fair enough, buddy.
>>
File: BASmyshitupfam.png (217KB, 597x577px) Image search: [Google]
BASmyshitupfam.png
217KB, 597x577px
>>9374145
try jamming it up your ass. if it fits, use it as a butt torch and set the store on fire.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.