[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have to do a 2000 word count essay >mfw I have way too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

>have to do a 2000 word count essay
>mfw I have way too much to talk about to condense into 2000 words

what do /lit/?
>>
Write in Mandarin.
>>
>>9372524
try harder
>>
>>9372524
The true master shows his skill with succinctness and brevity
>>
>>9372550
this, OP is a brainlet
>>
>>9372524
Remove the points that are filler and non-essential, reformulate long sentences into a shorter format. Since it is 2000 words the essay can't be important anyway.
>>
>>9372532
ok
>>9372550
>>9372554
I don't write, I'm in STEM because I hate writing
>>9372598
>tfw it's worth 30% of my grade
>>
Thats nothing. I have a 100 word essay due in 2 weeks.
>>
>>9372614
What field exactly? IT I presume. Look at the course description and make sure that you write about all the key learning criteria, which are required to pass the course. Keep arguments short or use formulas and references instead. Don't go on tangents. It is STEM not literary science, they won't grade you for well structured sentences.
>>
>had to submit a 1200 word draft prior to a 1500 word final essay
>write 1300 words in 3 hours
>submit to my peer reviewer
>he send me his
>it's 600 words
>he's an english major

Why the fuck would you be an english major if you can't fucking write reeeee
>>
>>9372730
No this is for a gen ed, a history paper on the Feminine Mystique
>>
>>9372752
>STEM major knows a lot, too much even, about attractive women
Color me surprised
>>
>>9372763
what?
>>
>>9372752
>Feminine Mystique
STEM student has to write about second wave feminism. Please don't tell me you study in clapistan. It would only degrade my view of them even more.
>>
>>9372779
Yeah, unfortunately, I do. My history professor is shit, he's nice but his class is a fucking joke. My stupid uni forces engineering majors to take a history class, so I'm stuck doing this stupid shit.
>>
>>9372752
If you've done enough research consider focusing the essay on something more specific within the topic that way you can demonstrate that you've researched in depth and wont have to strip away from your argumentation to express everything. In terms of picking what to focus on go with a balance of what you're interested in, where your expertise is and what uses the best sources (factoring in what parts of the topic interests your assessor never hurts too)
>>
>>9372796
Yeah, I'll do that, but this meme class won't let me cite anything that isn't from the book, lmao
>>
File: kyokoraff.gif (137KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
kyokoraff.gif
137KB, 340x340px
>>9372752
kek
>>
use 8pt font
>>
Write every idea within a single paragraph

divide 2000 by total paragraph count, that's your word limit per idea.

You can use a pondering system to give more words to certain ideas.
>>
>>9372808
Yikes only allowing you to draw on certain sources seems suspect but I've never written anything on history is that the norm?
>>
>>9372903
perfect
>>
Brevity is the soul of wit.

If you can't be brief, you can't be smart.
>>
>>9372524
Learn to be concise or find some other outlet for 10,000 words outside of fucking classes
>>
Listen to Bizet's Carmen and you won't feel so bad about repetition anymore
>>
>>9372524
leave out unnecessary. hypenate wherever possible. don't put spaces before and after commas, that's a lawyer's trick to increase word count.
>>
File: Wat_Yamcha_Oolong_Roshi.jpg (109KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Wat_Yamcha_Oolong_Roshi.jpg
109KB, 480x360px
>>9372745
he chose the right words. you didn't.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.