[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are literary agents stupid? Do they even read, and know the classics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Alicia-Grant-headshot.jpg (131KB, 400x375px) Image search: [Google]
Alicia-Grant-headshot.jpg
131KB, 400x375px
Are literary agents stupid? Do they even read, and know the classics? And if not, why the hell are they doing what they are doing?
>>
Calm down, OP, everyone gets rejected multiple times. It's part of the process.
>>
They have a set of goals that diverge from yours.
>>
i want to cum on her face
>>
>>9370880
I want her to cum on my face. I want her to get home after a long day and make me kiss her thighs and crotch through her panties until she's all wet, then make me lick her clean like a dog while she reads The Origins of Modern Science by Herbert Butterfield, and eventually puts her panties back on and masturbates through them (because she prefers having something over her clit) while I lick her asshole.
>>
>>9370891
this sounds pleasurable but i'm more into being the dominant man so instead i would just hold her and fuck her. i would also tie her up because i like that
>>
>>9370868
>Are literary agents stupid?
generally, no. but you probably are.
>>
>>9370894
>ut i'm more into being the dominant ma
Fucking how? I am so god damn bored of it. Every bitch wants me to choke them and pull their arms behind their back and cuff them as I fuck them from behind. I haven't had a girl want to take charge in so long. I am not having fun anymore.
I'd like to have sex with someone, not just fuck them. I need a gf or some shit.
>>
>>9370926
You have to cultivate it in them. Women are terrified by the mere idea of taking charge. They don't even have any ready-made instincts for it. You have to actually create the entire conceptual structure "not just laying there and letting the man decide everything for me" in their mind, one brick at a time.

The amount of effort and training it takes to get a woman not to be passive in sex is roughly the amount of effort and training required to get a fairly stupid kid to learn how to ride a bike. You're going to have to put some weekends in. You're going to have to watch him fall down like a little stupid bitch and fuck up even though you were sure he had it that time. You might have to go online and figure out where to buy some training wheels. But if you stick with it, the stupid fucking idiot will eventually figure it out more or less decently.
>>
Why should they read the classics? They're in the business to make money, not to "ennoble" the general audience. They give people what they want. Women want romance and chick lit, children want YA literature, and manchildren want fantasy and science fiction.
>>
>>9370876
Why are they so smug about it then?

>>9370874
This goes beyond a personal vendetta. I have yet to meet an intelligent literary agent. It's like their mind and personality merges with the 'market'
>>
>>9370939
/thread
>>
>what is a market

see how capitalism will bring down western civilisation and culture.

in the publishing "world 50 shades of grey" > "brothers karmazov"
>>
>>9370868
Do you realize how out of touch you sound right now?

Being "well-read" doesn't fucking matter. You want someone who understands your work enough to reach its audience, and has connections/negotiation skills that will get you ahead.
>>
>>9372311
This. Capitalism ruins everything. No matter how ingenious your work is, it is still only a commodity for market exchange, and by extention, you are too. The worth of your work is measured in the sales it makes, and the worth of th author in how much money it makes. "Free market competition" is the surest way to make awful litterature.
>>
>>9372423
>"Free market competition" is the surest way to make awful litterature.
the market doesnt "make" literature. it just decides who gets the most money. if someone writes a brilliant piece of art it may languish in obscurity to the general public but the people paying attention to the literary scene will gobble it up.
>>
>>9370868
>Are literary agents stupid? Do they even read, and know the classics? And if not, why the hell are they doing what they are doing?- 15 posts shown.

They identify market trends, analyze whether your work fits their metric, and reject or accept you depending on said criteria.
>>
>>9372311
>in the publishing "world 50 shades of grey" > "brothers karmazov"

Never underestimate the power of publishing classics and selling them in bulk to schools and libraries, which then sell them for 3x what you can buy them for online.
>>
>>9371203
Duh. Anon, this isn't college. They exist to merely find works that will appeal to the market. They don't exist to enlighten, or appreciate "patricians"(unfortunately so).
Make a zine, fuck it.
Also, we're dealing with broads pontificating to broads, try not to take it so seriously :-)
>>
>>9372311
>not making serious cash on a fan fic where Alyosha spanks Grushenka with a turnip til she orgasms.

C'MON MAN
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.