[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to write a novel for money. Specifically, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: In_mystery_forest_by_ankka_chan.png (469KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
In_mystery_forest_by_ankka_chan.png
469KB, 600x532px
I'm trying to write a novel for money.

Specifically, I'm writing an ebook to be published on Amazon, and the goal is to have it earn me at least a few hundred bucks a year. I don't like compromising on art, but I like starving even less. Hence the term "potboiler."

Since I'm throwing art right out the window from day one, what matters is pleasing the crowd. Since the crowd (ebook readers) mostly consists of middle class white women in their twenties from the coasts of the USA, I will be appealing to them. I'm not daunted by this since I have an embarrassing love of horrible romantic fanfiction. But what specifically appeals to them?

Most specifically, should I write in the 1st person present, or 1st person past?
>>
Can't believe I said specifically three times in one minute.
>>
I can believe that this thread is getting no replies, though.

/lit/ is mostly of the Henry Darger school of literary ambition, i.e. they intend to be published after their corpse is discovered on a bed of 10,000 pages of longhand worldbuilding.
>>
If u are starving, find a normal job. If you want to make art, make art, and make It for yourself.
>>
>>9368757
Look at romance novels and the type of books that have made lots of money like fifty shades of grey and twilight. My guess is most of those successful books are written in the first person.

Also maybe try reading some of Nicholas Sparks' more successful books and copy him, he seems pretty popular with women and has made good money pooping out similar plots over and over again.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.