[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I've almost finished reading my first book in 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (64KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 645x773px
>tfw I've almost finished reading my first book in 5 years

It's the Geneaology of Morals. I've read it carefully, I've took lots of notes and underlined all the parts that were focal to Nietzsche's points, and all the imagery and rethoric figures I've appreciated.
Next I'll read the Antichrist by Nietzsche and Parmenides' On Nature (both fairly light, short but dense readings).

Are you guys proud of me?
>>
yes :)
>>
>>9368586
No. You were supposed to start with the Greeks. You didn't understand half of what you thought you did
>>
Are you in College?
>>
>>9368588
me too :) Keep up the momentum OP.
>>
>>9368586
you have wasted your time reading demagoguery hidden in a burrito of purple prose
>>
>>9368704
Aka your post
>>
>>9368586
I just had a similar experience about a week ago. Finished Confessions after two years of starting but never completing books.
If you continue reading, I will continue to be proud of you OP :,)
>>
>>9368685
I've read and translated them in high school (I've studied in a classical liceum in Italy) so I already knew what he was talking about.

>>9368704
As far as I know the Geneaology is one of his most structured works, but having read it only once I'll abstain myself from judging it.

>>9368729
I'm proud of you too, keep going!

>>9368692
I've dropped out this April after having picked the wrong major (Biology).
I still don't know what I'll do with my life. So far I'm certain about the fact that for the rest of my life I'll be genuinely interested in literature and philosophy.

>>9368588
>>9368702

Thanks!
>>
>>9368791
>Read my first book in 5 years
>Genuinely interested in literature and philosophy

U sure Bro
>>
>>9368586
seeing the feels guy smile always makes me feel as though a great existential weight has been lifted from someones soul
>>
>>9368825
I've always read it passively,muntil now I've never cpreally understood why someone would want to dedicate their lives to it. Suddenly I just got the appeal to it, and the desire of reading on a plethora of topics that I've ignored so far.

5 years ago I would have treated the Geneaology of Morals as something I had to do, or even worse, a homework: now it's so much more.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.