[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that all over reaching, incoherent, unfalsifiable,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: annoyed_alien.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed_alien.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
Why is it that all over reaching, incoherent, unfalsifiable, and just plain stupid academic theories / areas viciously denounced unless they conform to the preferences of left wing critical theory lovers. Why can't people see that they're all charlatans?

I see topics trying to decipher Hegel and I don't know who's trolling who or if the posters are all low IQers. Rather than try to understand the internal logic of Hegel, why not treat it as a black box and ask its practitioners to make falsifiable predictions with it. I'm sure that's fucking easy for them since they never shut up about how Capeetal / History is explained by their theories. If they manage to predict things then we have a good sign that the theory isn't self referential nonsense.

Of course what I am describing is feasible yet I am humouring them because they'd never do it and I know right this second there are outraged people who will say I am stupid. They will say the theory shouldn't have to do anything. And then I will ask, "So why should your theory be given attention or government subsidies over the infinitely many possible other theories?" Then I will get no answer.
>>
My diary desu
>>
>>9366699
The universe is a complicated place and therefoer good theory is a complicated matter.

Reading 30 pages Popper about falsification isn't a proper scientific foundation for deciphering questions about consciousness or societal ideology.

I agree that theres a plurality of stupid academics producing shit however OP it's a part of the scientific community to be an active swarm of researchers.

Besides this i hate your reductionist bullshit. Predictability isn't an objective science. Just as the nature of light is either energy or waves lots of shit depends on which position you behold it from. This is highly true with history and societal/cultural events which is constantly retroactively rewritten according to the discourses in the present.
>>
>>9366732

>Just as the nature of light is either energy or waves lots of shit depends on which position you behold it from

How about you stop trying to interpret science through an ideological lens.

But yeah, there can never be a predictive theory for all of history, asking these idealogues to use their theory to do so is silly.

But by the same token, god I hate people taking different aspects of critical theory as a pseudo religion and interpreting the entire world through it. These people are incapable of entertaining a point of view intellectually and not having it become this pseudo spiritual thing for them, wherein they attempt to re-craft the world in its image.
>>
>I know right this second there are outraged people who will say I am stupid
Because you can't take history to a lab, anon.
>>
I was wondering when we would get our daily reductionist rambling about the problems with philosophy thread.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.