[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>receive message back from publisher >"Dear anon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1445722183259.jpg (43KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
43KB, 500x281px
>receive message back from publisher
>"Dear anon, in regards to your manuscript, we regret to inform yo-"
>>
>>9364309
Same. Try a different one.
>>
>>9364309
try again man

try again till there's no publisher left in the world.
>>
Do you have agent?
>>9364479
this
>>
>>9364497
No, how the fuck do I even get one?
>>
>>9364512
https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/writers/preparing-for-submission/how-to-find-a-literary-agent

Or just the writers and artists yearbook, it has like a whole catalogue of them and you can just work through it. If you're not in the uk though, still has lots of really good advice
>>
>>9364309
Do what I do, tell yourself you're too good for them.

Or at least, that's what I would do if I even tried to submit to any publishers. I have no clue how to do that, or how to even think about the idea of approaching an agent. I only have two legit novels finished so far, I might be better off having the third finished before I try this kind of thing.
>>
>>9364550
ok thanks bro
>>
>send the poetry manuscript I studied and sweated and researched into since I was a sophomore, now aged 7 years, to a publisher
>get some copy/pasted rejection

:( How do they expect me to get published when every place you can get published in requires you to be published?

What an evil trick
>>
I think to get started you have to pay to have your book published
>>
>>9364309
>"-u that WE'LL ONLY BE ABLE TO PUBLISH IT EIGHT MONTHS FROM NOW AS OUR MARKETING DEPARTMENT HAS REQUESTED AN EXTENDED PERIOD TO HELP PROMOTE YOUR WORK, WHICH WE ANTICIPATE WILL BE EXTREMELY SUCCESFUL."
>>
>>9364694
>and then I woke up
>>
Write only for yourself and you will be free
>>
>>9364703
I agree.
That's why I post on 4chan.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.