[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this book, don't know when it was written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0865.jpg (31KB, 220x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0865.jpg
31KB, 220x329px
Just finished this book, don't know when it was written but by the language maybe 1700s. It's the true story of Mason and Dixon who walked in a line across America. They met George Washington and Ben Franklin and other founding fathers, so it's actually kind of a history of America per se. The world was so much smaller back then, and it's nice to read about when America stood for something. Mostly I think it's a book about being a patriot and the founding of a country where people can be free. There's a part with a talking dog I didn't really like, am I the only one who can tell that part is made up? Anyways I don't read history books a lot, but this one was very good, you should check it out if you're up to it.
>>
>>9363241

5/10 made me smile at some points but really good shitposts should be just convincing enough to bait the stupid readers.
>>
Being not-American, it bore me greatly. I gave up after half of the book. I really don't give a damn about your history (which has like, 200 years?).
>>
>>9363995
That's not really what matters, but that's fine.
>>
I read it and liked it the first time but recently tried to reread it and gave up. It veers between overly sentimental and lolsorandumb
>>
File: well-executed screenshot.png (438KB, 1395x800px) Image search: [Google]
well-executed screenshot.png
438KB, 1395x800px
Doing something a little bit avant-garde here, folks.
>>
>>9363995
I fet the same for a little bit but M&D is anything but boring, and it was nice to learn a bit about that part of history (the seven years' war, french and "indian" war), he can really create the atmosphere of how it was back then and the relationship between Mason and Dixon is beautiful

poor indigenous people, fuck you murrica, you shouldn't even exist
>>
>>9364045
include me in the screencap
>>
>>9364496
> t. slave moral faggot
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.