[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You see, the problem is that Bertrand Russell also made actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hegel-phenomenology[1].jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hegel-phenomenology[1].jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
You see, the problem is that Bertrand Russell also made actual contributions to the world in useful areas like science and mathematics. What he had to criticize in philosophy was what was left over -- the idealists and their nonsense. What's become "philosophy" needs to hold on to these metaphysical musings in order to justify a large part of its existence. You can't justify entire academic departments with experts on Hegelian dialectics based on, say, funding for research in medicine or something, so you have to make people believe it's about something intelligible.
This is not to say that there isn't much that is useful in philosophy, but you won't find it in Hegel or others of his ilk.
>>
Utilitarianists are braindead retarded.
>>
>>9362468
Damn, that was quick. Came here to say the same, but not so strongly.
>>
I hold Russell personally responsible for the 'celebritisation' of philosophers. Now everyone follows their own old man like a football team. Holistic analysis died with him.
>>
>>9362490
This was a problem even in the Ancient times - hell philosophical schools often take the name of one person.
>>
>>9362417
Blogs go on >>>/tumblr/
>>
>>9362761
Ironically, Hegel himself is fiercely against such atomism in his history of philosophy.
>>
>>9362417
Is knowledge intrinsically valuable?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.