[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you living the Intellectual Life? Why do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1465976749633.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1465976749633.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Why aren't you living the Intellectual Life?

Why do you deny that your ultimate goal should be to come as close as possible to the Truth?
>>
>>9359190
>your ultimate goal should be to come as close as possible to the Truth
Man, your head is haunted; you have wheels in your head! You imagine great things, and depict to yourself a whole world of gods that has an existence for you, a spirit-realm to which you suppose yourself to be called, an ideal that beckons to you. You have a fixed idea! Do not think that I am jesting or speaking figuratively when I regard those persons who cling to the Higher, and (because the vast majority belongs under this head) almost the whole world of men, as veritable fools, fools in a madhouse. What is it, then, that is called a "fixed idea"? An idea that has subjected the man to itself. When you recognize, with regard to such a fixed idea, that it is a folly, you shut its slave up in an asylum. And is the truth of the faith, say, which we are not to doubt; the majesty of (e. g.) the people, which we are not to strike at (he who does is guilty of — lese-majesty); virtue, against which the censor is not to let a word pass, that morality may be kept pure; — are these not "fixed ideas"? Is not all the stupid chatter of (e. g.) most of our newspapers the babble of fools who suffer from the fixed idea of morality, legality, Christianity, etc., and only seem to go about free because the madhouse in which they walk takes in so broad a space?
>>
>>9359213
>dude spooks lmao
Not an argument.
>>
Why aren't you living the Artist Life?

Why do you deny that your ultimate goal should be to come as close as possible to the Beauty?
>>
>>9360632
Beauty is subsumed under Truth.
>>
What a wonderful book. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>9360660
Hahaha
>>
File: Pol-Pot.jpg (305KB, 1100x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Pol-Pot.jpg
305KB, 1100x1412px
>>9359190
>Teleports behind you
>>
Truth doesn't exist.
>>
The only thing that can even come close to truth is maths, the axioms are so basic it seems almost impossible for them to be wrong. Maths is also beautiful, when you can really understand a concept and how it works, it awe inspiring. The maths life is the life to live.
>>
>>9361381
Is that true?
>>
>>9359190
Truth is subjective, there is no objective truth.>>9361381

>>9361427
Math is manmade, probably the furthest thing from truth. We use it as a tool to aid us in life.
>>
>>9361427
There is nothing beautiful about maths, nerd
>>
File: euclid-2.jpg (199KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
euclid-2.jpg
199KB, 900x750px
>>9361718
>Math is manmade, probably the furthest thing from truth.
okay i get it math is just a system and we're lucky that it works as well for us as it does but thats not to say it doesn't do very good things for us. now how is it so far from the truth? what kind of things are closer to the truth? Religion? Literature?
>>
>>9361742
t. I think calculus is """"""""""""""math""""""""
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.