[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>write a good chunk of a story >reread it >think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (113KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
113KB, 500x276px
>write a good chunk of a story
>reread it
>think it's garbage
>scrap the whole thing

How do I break this cycle, /lit/?
>>
>>9357068
dont even bother writing until you've read 1000 books at least. Im not memeing you btw, jot down ideas, expand vocab, and read read read. Its not like youd get paid even if you were good anyway so you have time
>>
>>9357068
Don't reread it, have someone else read it. Then if they say its good no problem and then you can change the bits they said were shit and keep the good parts.
>>
>>9357068
>How do I break this cycle
Don't. That's good practice. Keep it up until you actually DO like what you wrote. Don't be afraid to re-write the same idea over and over until you feel like you're on to something.
>>
don't reread it until you've finished it.
>>
You keep doing it OP. You keep doing it til it works. You get an education. That is literally the cause of your being. EhVaulooshon

You probably can't tell your story in 3 words or 30 or 300 or 3000 or 30000 or 300000 or 3000000 or 30000000 or 300000000. But you can tell it if you learn how to.
>>9357080
Photographers have robbed painters of their art form. Imitation=Original

Who made the first greatness that we imitated and were happy with? It all falls down just make something that can outlast you
>>
Rewrite it
>>
>>9357068
The norm it to wait at least six weeks to reread something. If you still think it's garbage then it's truly garbage.
>>
>>9357068
Write it to the end, even if it's garbage. Learn all the lessons of that failure, instead of leaving at the first sign of self-hate.

Once it's done, cut away at it until something good is left. Then craft that into your next attempt.

Once you break the habit of compulsively scrapping attempts and get some experience of all the stages of shit, then use your discretion.
>>
>>9357068
>Write something
>Put it in a drawer
>Reread weeks later

done
>>
git gud
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.