[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /lit/. I want to make birthday gift for someone and I decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: bb03a-8722.jpg (206KB, 800x1364px) Image search: [Google]
bb03a-8722.jpg
206KB, 800x1364px
Hello /lit/. I want to make birthday gift for someone and I decided it'll be books. 2 or 3 books. I already decided what will be 1-2 of them, but the last one should be some love story because reasons. Usually I read completely different stuff so I don't know any books with love story I'm looking for. I want something about man's struggle and devotion for woman, where after years of woman's bad choices and not accepting said man she finally gives in and it turns out to be one of the best decisions of her life. Eventually man can die protecting her or something and after his death she realizes her bad choices and faults, and wisens, but the memories still haunt her or something. Forrest Gump movie can be decent example of similar story, except I'm looking for something focused more on the relationship.

Any suggestions? I'll be thankful for anything because I'll have to find a book translated to our language since that someone doesn't speak english well. Basically I'm counting for multiple suggestions, including the most famous ones, even though said person reads a lot so I assume some of them will be already "checked out", thus I'll prioritize less known stuff.

I still have a month, but it's part of a bigger plan I need to put some work into so I want to check out this part and move on to the others.

And speaking of Forrest Gump, how far from the book movie is? I wanted to read it someday but the book never landed in my hands and I pursued other titles or been busy with other stuff.
>>
Anyone?
>>
File: IMG_9698.jpg (75KB, 599x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9698.jpg
75KB, 599x799px
>>9355135
Im also interested in this
>>
Please? Or you're too busy playing elitist, pretensious fucks who read only philosophy, and everyone who reads anything else is lowest of the low, or just above someone who doesn't read at all, like usual?
>>
>>9358982
yup. not seeing any pure literature on this /lit/ board.

my recommend: tale of genji. it fits ur description pretty well. also very good clasic book
>>
>>9358982
ablu ablu kys
>>
File: 1414532565019.jpg (431KB, 1024x1525px) Image search: [Google]
1414532565019.jpg
431KB, 1024x1525px
>>9359842
Thank you very much! I'm reading about it know and it has some potential. I think I'd even read it myself. It's not my first choice though. Some kind anon on other board suggested something that might be better.

I'll wait a bit more for more suggestions, also planning to ask in bookstores/libraries.
>>
>>9358982
>Or you're too busy playing elitist, pretensious fucks who read only philosophy
lol fuck off, you insecure retard.
>>
>>9360191
So I was right. Good to know.
>>
>>9359913
What was the other suggestion
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.