[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is your favourite contemporary dramatist? Who is your favourite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Who is your favourite contemporary dramatist?
Who is your favourite contemporary poet?

Are theatre and poetry even a thing anymore?
Is there contemporary poetry that does not sound like trite kitsch?

The most recent dramatist I admired is Thomas Bernhard ('The Force of Habit' and 'Histrionics'), but he pales in comparison to earlier and greater dramatists. As for poetry, I'll have to go back to Brechts later poems or some quieter stuff of Neruda. Honestly, the last poet that really got to me was Hölderlin and he wrote 200 years ago.

So, is there any worthwhile contemporary poet or dramatist out there? I hope so. Please help.
>>
File: nc_april.jpg (107KB, 522x720px) Image search: [Google]
nc_april.jpg
107KB, 522x720px
>>9353713
The only stage performance I have enjoyed in the last 10 years was hamilton, and that based purely on account of the music, as the revisionist history and post-structuralist themes were repulsive.

All modern poetry I see reviewed is again, post-structuralist verse predicated on identity and oppression. Unfortunately I do not know enough about the current "scene" to get past the gatekeepers of contemporary literary reviews.

That said, the most recent edition of the New Criterion has a lot on modern poetry
>>
>>9353713
poet - David Mcgimpsey
oh man. worthwhile contemporary poetry? the poetry scene has never been more diverse. what kind of poetry do you like? just asking for any contemporary poetry is too broad.
>>
Dramatist David Mamet
Poet. John Ashberry
>>
>>9353766
You seem to be knowledgable and I'm open to anything you can offer me: what did you like? I'll take it.
>>
>>9353784
alright. I'll take a stab in the dark.

Peter Redgrove is recently dead but expect his star to rise.
Shane McCrae
D.A Powell
Alice Notely
Sparrow

that should give you a little overview of different styles going on today.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.