[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, young Victor names three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 3123333331.jpg (33KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
3123333331.jpg
33KB, 768x576px
In Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, young Victor names three authors that particularly influenced him:

Cornelius Agrippa, a German polymath, theologist and occultist

Albertus Magnus, often referred to as one of the most important philosophers of the middle ages next to more known ones like Aquinas. Alchemist texts were often falsely attributed to him.

Paracelsus, a swiss doctor who contributed to psychology before it was even a field, advocated empiricism even though he pissed off the scholastics, is generally known as the founder of toxicology and much more.

Do you know Anything about these authors? Do you have any of their works in .pdf .mobi . epub or really any format? I want to read them, just out of historical interest.
>>
>>9353271

You may also discuss Frankenstein, his descent into madness, general occultism and the book, if you want.
>>
>>9353272

why is this thred ded :(
>>
>>9353578
>mary shelly
>/lit/
>>
>>9353578
Because those are, while not unheard of writers, generally not ones anyone has wanted to read in ... centuries. They're also slightly mythic, as in a lot of stuff is contributed to them but who knows if they wrote any of it. I found a work by Magnus on gutenberg.org, it doesn't seem like people are totally sure who wrote it though.
>>
>Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein at age 18
W-what?
>>
>>9353711
Her husband wrote it
>>
>>9354477

that's slander. me personally I don'T care much for her husbando or his writings. they also pale in comparison to frankenstein, so I doubt this hypothesis..

>>9353711

yeah, it's quite the feature. then again she was completely obsessed with the subject matter. also just look at her parents/family and it will make more sense.

>>9353672

I guess /lit/ is only good for djw pinecone fart sniffing and supreme memery :~)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.