[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im depressed lonely and on the verge of suicide what book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: depressing books.jpg (1MB, 2000x2800px) Image search: [Google]
depressing books.jpg
1MB, 2000x2800px
im depressed lonely and on the verge of suicide what book should i read>
>>
no longer human
>>
Flanimals
>>
File: IMG_0706.jpg (51KB, 400x613px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0706.jpg
51KB, 400x613px
Ignore the Deepak Chopra quote on the cover. Book is good but why Chopra man?
>>
Can you read spanish?
>>
>>9352900

Does Stoner count as depressing? I found it almost happy in a very stoic kind of way.
>>
I thought Anna Karenina was a really comfy novel to read if you're in that depressed mood. Especially the final part when Levin is having his spiritual crisis.

That being said, any Russian novel is god-tier if you want to get your noggin joggin about life, depression and philosophy.
>>
>>9352900
If you need a book to get even more depressed then Journey to the end of the night
>>
>>9352980
I had Stoner on my shelf for the last year and never got around to reading it as I assumed it was about pot smoking university douchebags but I finally picked it up and my god it is phenomenal. Genuinely one of the best books i've ever read, going through Williams's other stuff now. Augustus is fantastic also
>>
>>9352900
Is Hunger really depressing?
>>
File: md16785665147.jpg (12KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
md16785665147.jpg
12KB, 300x442px
Start living authentically.
>>
>>9352900
Read the Bible.
>>
>>9352900
>Moravagine
>Journey to the end of the night
>Death on the installment plan
>Oblomov

>depressing
>>
>>9352980
This. I found Stoner kinda sad but in a life affirming way. People who think Stoner is depressing are probably just pseuds desu
>>
>>9352900
>>9352955
we need an answer
>>
>>9352900
Ancient History
>>
>>9352907
We're trying to help him, not kill him!!
>>
You sjhould read LEaves of Grass by whalt whitman
>>
>>9354709
Not really
>>
>>9352955
no. but post it anyway because others may be able too.
>>
>>9353213
2/3 through it right now. SO far I love levin's part but the Karenins are boring.
>>
>>9352900
The Bible
>>
>>9352900
my diary desu
>>
The Foundation for Exploration by Sean Goonan
>>
>>9352900
No books for this. Look around at the world. Choose something to care about.
>>
Go out in style.
Jk seek help
>>
>>9356524
t. Sean Goonan
>>
>>9356543
seeking help. Your post made me smile, thank you.

Just hoping a book can be a coping mechanism, not a motivation to end it.
>>
>>9356615
I suggest "The Book of Joy." It's a little cheesy, but it's quite nice.

I hope you are able to escape this state of mind. In some moments, life can seem very meaningless and bleak; you can get better, though. Simply an optimistic outlook will change the way you interpret the world. Love is all around you, anon.
>>
File: pepe hand hearts.png (15KB, 240x304px) Image search: [Google]
pepe hand hearts.png
15KB, 240x304px
>>9356643
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.