[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I gave this book a try because of how praised it is in the sci-fi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I gave this book a try because of how praised it is in the sci-fi genre.

The introductory guild chapter were cool but the book is getting quite stale and I'm at the point where Severian and some bitch enter a magic garden.

Does it get better?
>>
File: newsun.jpg (106KB, 910x525px) Image search: [Google]
newsun.jpg
106KB, 910x525px
Yes, its get much better. It may seem like events happen a bit randomly, but there is a ton of payoff later in BotNS. It's a very intricate work that can't really be appreciated fully without reading to the end.
>>
*it gets, oops
>>
That guy looks like guts
>>
>>9352538

The sequels are kinda shit tho
>>
>>9352618
the sequels as in short sun and long sun? long sun is a bit mediocre but holy hell short sun is something else. almost as great as new sun.
>>
You didn't like the lake of corpses, where Dorcas is revived? I found that to be one of the more powerful early sections of the book. The sense of wonder, and the power of the colors, is very strong in that section. Hildegrin also makes a strong impression.
>>
>>9352779

what do you think of urth of the new sun?
>>
>>9352479
Holy shit I'm at that part too but i've misplaced the book for a couple of months now
>>
>>9352479
>Does it get better?
Yes

Also yikes what a cover. Makes it look like YA trash, when it only barely qualifies as such.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.