[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please leave and never return if you agree with any of the following;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: AVT_Novalis_6862.jpg (14KB, 230x302px) Image search: [Google]
AVT_Novalis_6862.jpg
14KB, 230x302px
Please leave and never return if you agree with any of the following;

>you read any form of genre fiction
>you think fantasy, science fiction, detective fiction, young adult fiction or horror are literature
>you barely know your classics
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
>you speak a single language
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
>you read for the plot
>you read for entertainment
>you rarely read nonfiction
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
>you do not at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon (muh african authors)
>you mostly read contemporary literature
>you believe 'the author is dead'
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
>your rarely read poetry
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight

This is a board about literature. You're not welcome here. Please take your plebeian garbage to /b/ or reddit, where you will find both a demographic and a general atmosphere more consistent with your tastes and your culture.

Also, what is the patrician book you are reading right now?
>>
>>9352103
Stop
>>
File: ZEZ.jpg (7KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
ZEZ.jpg
7KB, 250x210px
ejaculate
>>
>>9352103

>I am autistic and you can be too! the post

Except too many mistakes were made in your post so I think it's more;

>I got made fun of and know I need to vent! the post

But please continue to be an angry little person and tell me how that works out for you.
>>
File: 1491490655343.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1491490655343.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
>>9352103
Nice pasta.

Littérature is the weapon to elevate the pleb to patrician.

If you are reading, you are improving yourself, thus making the world a better place.

Stop being such an arrogant asshole prick about your favorite hobby.

This is for everyone and everyone is at a different state of learning.

And also, kys.
>>
>>9352103
It was when a celebrated historian and art critic, a man of European fame, had announced a lecture in the university hall. I had succeeded in persuading the Steppenwolf to attend it, though at first he had little desire to do so. We went together and sat next to each other. When the lecturer ascended the platform and began his address, many of his listeners, who had expected a prophet, were disappointed by his rather spruce and conceited air. And when he proceeded, by way of introduction, to say a few flattering things to the audience, thanking them for their attendance in such numbers, the Steppenwolf threw me a quick look, a look which criticized both the words and entire personality of the speaker -- an unforgettable and frightful look which spoke volumes! It was a look that did not simply criticize the lecturer, annihilating the celebrated man with its crushing yet delicate irony. That was the least of it. It was more sad than ironical; it was indeed utterly and hopelessly sad; it conveyed a quiet despair, born partly of conviction, partly of a mode of thought which had become habitual with him. This despair of his not only unmasked the conceited lecturer and dismissed with its irony the matter at hand, the expectant attitude of the public, the somewhat presumptuous title under which the lecturer announced -- no, the Steppenwolf's look pierced our whole epoch, its whole overwrought activity, the whole surge and strife, the whole vanity, the whole shallow play of opinionated intellectuality. And alas! The look went still deeper, went far below the faults, defects and hopelessness of our time, our intellect, our culture alone. It went right to the heart of humanity, it bespoke eloquently in a single second the whole despair of a thinker, of one who perhaps knew the full worth and meaning of man's life. It said:
"See what monkeys we are! Look, such is man!"
>>
Novalis was such a qt
>>
>>9352103
>Also, what is the patrician book you are reading right now?
the last book I read was John Barbour's The Brus. I've been reading a lot of wiki articles on finance. I should probably start studying again instead of wasting my time.
>>
>>9352103
>Please leave and never return if you agree with any of the following;

>>you read

There. Much better now.
>>
>>9352103
I like this thread. Fuck the other anons OP, don't you worry - they're not hiding their ignorance very well. /lit/ has truly gone to shit
>>
File: Myq07Eb[1].png (447KB, 608x607px) Image search: [Google]
Myq07Eb[1].png
447KB, 608x607px
>>9352103
>>you read any form of genre fiction
Fiction is the stuff of legends, the building block of mythos and religion.
>>9352103
>>you think fantasy, science fiction, detective fiction, young adult fiction or horror are literature
They are better literature than some of the professed "classics" pseuds read
>>9352103
>>you barely know your classics
Classics are by definition only read because a bunch of people thought they were good. This means that these people followed the norm of what was considered to be good, instead of experimenting with new authors no one's heard of
>>9352103
>>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
Notions of "artistry" in a text are pseudosophical self-inserted biases based upon what the "greater" artistic world at large would consider to be artistic
>>9352103
>>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
Everyone's experiences should be respected. All we have is experience. Analysis is secondary.
>>9352103
>>you speak a single language
If you speak multiple languages you will not be able to master all of them. A speaker of a single language can master his thought processes in one language instead of being a jack of trades in multiple scarcely examined languages
>>9352103
>>you read for the plot
What else would one read for? Even your pseudosophical notions of "artistry" can only manifest themselves when a plot is present
>>9352103
>>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
Philosophy is unfalsifiable drivel
>>9352103
>>you do not at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
Not indispensable in the slightest
>>9352103
>>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
There's enough literature in western culture to last one ten lifetimes
>>9352103
>>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
>you engage in literary analysis in the first place
>>9352103
>>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
'Intricate prose' is another phrase for 'nice-sounding monkey noises arranged in such a way to get your chimp-brain to laugh like a chimp who just heard another chimp grunt in a certain way'
>>9352103
>>your rarely read poetry
read above
>>9352103
>>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
The type of "creation" stemming from rhyme and rhythm is the precise aforementioned monkey noises designed to make your brain think that something amazing is going on. So not necessarily restricting creativity, but just redefining creativity to mean 'simplistic monkey entertainment'
>>9352103
>>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
>engaging in literary criticism
>>9352103
>>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight
>doesn't spend more time writing and thinking and creating than he does reading
>>
4chan is without a doubt the worst website in the history of the internet. I have never seen such an agglomeration of stupidity and wretchedness anywhere else, nor would have imagined that so much ugliness — mental, and no doubt also physical — could be possible in this world if I had never come across it. And they are all fully aware of this, which is why they prefer to remain anonymous, and almost immediately trash everything that they write, since they know it's rubbish. We are talking about individuals so weak and fearful that even the nicknames used by forum users feel too restrictive and oppressive to them. Individuals so slow and incoherent that they don't want others to be able to connect even as much as two of their posts together and hold them accountable for some measure of logic between them. This is the true bottom of the barrel of (sub)humanity. And that's why I keep an eye on it from time to time. You couldn't even meet such idiots in the street, since people in the street possess at least the minimum amount of strength required to leave their rooms and walk around. So if my site is the greatest site that exists and that will ever be made (and it is), 4chan is the lowest one, and will remain so for as long as it remains the internet's bastion for all those who are attracted by anonymity (which is to say for nobodies).
>>
>>9352103
I actually agree with all of this except only speaking one language.

I'm fulfilling my patrician reading quota right now by reading Tristram shandy
>>
>>9355354
>Philosophy is unfalsifiable drivel
>muh unfalsifiability

Dropped.
>>
>>9355481
>muh site

What is your site, shill?
>>
>>9355525
Yes, continue harping on about 'forms', and 'spirit', and 'being', and 'will', ya pseud
>>
>>9355536
Back to >>>/sci/ you go!
>>
File: 1491534267285.png (58KB, 636x674px) Image search: [Google]
1491534267285.png
58KB, 636x674px
>>9356132
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.