[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Second Coming By WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS Turning and turning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

The Second Coming

By WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
>>
>>9350308
Should have been called "Hyperbole"
>>
>>9350391
I think you mean 'Understatement'
>>
>>9350399
no
>>
>>9350402
You're pretty wrong, then, nigger.
>>
>>9350448
I just checked out my window. The lion is not laying down with the lamb, and 6 mile high horsemen of varied colors are doing nothing. Nor has the news reported any rapture. So, I would say you are incorrect.
>>
>>9350308
lol this gay ass shit has been going on for decades. Yeats poster pls go.
>>
>The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

What is it about that line that makes it so damn sublime?
>>
>>9350558

>unironic cringe kino
>>
>>9350308

The absolute worst humans are the convictionless. Intelligence and passion generally increase on a 1 to 1 basis.
>>
>>9350611

2/10 bait
>>
>>9350308
I love this poem (brave I know) but the fourth line almost ruins it for me. Maybe it's the use of "Mere," but something about it feels so pedestrian and clumsy compared to the rest of the poem.
>>
File: 1469232416001.png (6KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1469232416001.png
6KB, 377x330px
the strike has 4 results, scare assad into thinking twice about chemical weapons, shock Putin, make xi think of what trump is capable of, unfortunately it seems to be alienates some of trumps supporters while neocons are praising it. In the end no one died, the russians were warned, and trump had a response to the chemical attack, everyone will move on now.
the strike also brought most of congress together in a rare display of support for trump.
No war is going to happen, in a few weeks everyone will move on.

the stupidest shit you can do is put your hopes and dreams int a politician who most likely works in donor and deep state interests.
you really thought obama was going to bring hope and change or trump would be hitler.
There is no hope for change barring a bloody revolution, we are governed by bureaucratic, managerial, neoliberal, globalists, working in the interest of the upperclass.

In this world the only thing you can do is survive, try to hold onto your soul, and if you have loved ones, protect them.
>>
Seeing the premiere of Ubu Roi did this to Y. Freaking weird to contemplate, given what's come down since Jarry's advent. Begin with The Banquet Years.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.