[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some metaphors that could feed an entire narrative if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-04-07-141933_721x202_scrot.png (40KB, 721x202px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-07-141933_721x202_scrot.png
40KB, 721x202px
What are some metaphors that could feed an entire narrative if taken literally?

For example, "the world is a stage" can develop in a story where the world is actually a stage and the main character is unaware (e.g. The Truman Show)

What are some other metaphors that are not as obvious/overdone if taken literally?

>pic unrelated found it in the archive while searching for poetry stuff and i liked it (and it's not me samefagging)
>>
>The way to a woman's heart is through the stomach

Preface for a mass murder horror story
>>
Big black cock
>>
>>9349651
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.
>>
>>9351723
That could actually work
>>
>>9349651
in general i agree with what the op pic is saying but it is a stupid and pretentious response that unfairly writes off the riddle, one of literature's oldest tools
>>
Revenge is like a harpoon.

Just kidding, um... Freedom is slavery.

Aw shit! How about, Man is the animal.

Fuck!
>>
File: IMG_1158.png (2MB, 991x1287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1158.png
2MB, 991x1287px
>>
>>9351816
>can't even find the right typeface
>>
>>9349651
The riddle-like quality of poetry is there fo magnify a message (for which you have to work for), giving you then a complete new outlook on that same poem. Also writing one does not preclude you from employing your craft at a point of excellence.

That pic is pretty stupid
>>
>>9353342
But his writing is better than yours
>>
>>9353351
Fair enough, English is not my mother tongue (and I have known it for only 8 months now), I can assure you that my Italian, Latin and French is excellent though.
>>
I feel like this isn't a very hard question, many books take lines directly from the Bible and Shakespeare and use them as their title and then base the book around that idea.
>>
>>9353377
>I can assure you that my Italian, Latin and French is excellent though.
laughed out loud
>>
>>9355166
Why?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.