[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who struggles with and feels exhausted reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Am I the only one who struggles with and feels exhausted reading some books? I felt particular difficulty trying to read Nausea, as well as Ulysses. It literally makes me feel tired, as though my brain were a muscle, although I am always trying to read difficult literature such as this and it never just becomes something I can plow through without becoming mentally tired.
>>
>>9349478
Wow I was gonn respond but that bump mde me lose all respect.
Toguh luck kiddo, I could've helped you... heh...
>>
No anon, that makes sense. I usually have a coupla books being read at the same time. Usually one difficult novel and/or collection of poetry, and when that becomes a bit too much I turn to like a light philosophical novel (think like Kunderra or something) or a non-fiction book. This makes it a wee bit easier
>>
>>9349022
Depending on how interesting I find the book, this could be a good feeling. Some books are meant to give you dread, which is sort of what the character in Nausea is going through. Not everything should be peachy keen lollypops and rainbows.
>>
>>9349630
It's not that I find it emotionally difficult to deal with, it's that a lot of the time I have no idea what they're saying.
>>
>>9349639
then you mean you are having trouble understanding. It's fine, just take it slow and reread passages. like many intellectual activities, reading is an exercise, the more you do it the better you get at it. Maybe you should start with something lighter, do you like science fiction or horror?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.