[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any fiction books that explore the idea of the demiurge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1486545232467.jpg (80KB, 360x517px) Image search: [Google]
1486545232467.jpg
80KB, 360x517px
Are there any fiction books that explore the idea of the demiurge? i'm reading Valis by Philip K. Dick right now and the idea of the demiurge really intrigues me. I suppose elements of The Book of Subgenius deal with the demiurge as well. Help me out /lit/.
>>
>>9349021
Actually read the Nag Hammadi codex, the origin story in it is really interesting. Just remember that it's deliberately written to be understood by those already initiated.
>>
>>9349021
Does the Matrix have literature behind it? Especially the type that has the original ending.
>>
I don't know if this is up your alley, not really high literature, but the comic Lucifer more or less deals with that.
>>
>>9349427
The Matrix had Baudrillard in it, not fiction though.
>>9349459
Yeah, I mean I loved The Invisibles comic series, so I'll have to check out Lucifer.
>>
>>9349522
If you end up liking it, do yourself a favor and don't watch the TV series, they made a police procedural out of it and it blows
>>
What texts do you read to actually understand the demiurge
>>
>>9349731
I dunno, Neuromancer maybe. Been forever since I read it. I suppose the demiurge could be AI. I mean it's kind of the definition of AI.
>>
>>9349737
I meant the theistic, Gnostic demiurge m80, not sci fi
>>
try the Timaeus.
>>
>>9349743
The Gnostic Demiurge most certainly is machine.
>>
>>9349021
Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch explores similar themes
>>
>>9349021
the Indian Epics, maybe?
>>
Read Blake
>>
>>9349021
>fiction books that explore the idea of the demiurge?
As opposed to non-fiction books that explore the idea of the demiurge?
>>
File: fuo the invisibles vol 1 no 3.jpg (100KB, 661x678px) Image search: [Google]
fuo the invisibles vol 1 no 3.jpg
100KB, 661x678px
>>9349427
the matrix is actually a rip off of grant morrisions comic the invisibles.
Morrison didnt mind the wachoswskis ripped him off, but was a bit miffed they warped the matrix into being an allegory for boring christian Gnosticism
>>
There's a japanese light novel series called Kagerou Daze where the demiurge is an important element of an important part of the story, but outside of that, it's mostly about Nietzschean ideas.
>>
File: plate27.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
plate27.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
>>9350207
This
>>
>>9351186
You catch on fast kid
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.