[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“Those who love life do not read. Nor do they go to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (48KB, 460x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 460x264px
>“Those who love life do not read. Nor do they go to the movies, actually. No matter what might be said, access to the artistic universe is more or less entirely the preserve of those who are a little fed up with the world.”
>“An entire life spent reading would have fulfilled my every desire; I already knew that at the age of seven. The texture of the world is painful, inadequate; unalterable, or so it seems to me. Really, I believe that an entire life spent reading would have suited me best. Such a life has not been granted me...”

that fucking feel when
>>
What is this? (I dont know if) I want more
>>
>>9347387
1st one is from 'H.P. Lovecraft: Against the World, Against Life', 2nd is from 'Whatever'

by houellebecq
>>
>>9347411
Im braineltted, what do you interpret from these fragments? Why'd you quote them?
>>
>>9347972
There's no hidden meaning senpai. The interpretation is exactly what is written.
>>
>>9347361
post more quotes like these
>>
>>9347361
Pretty sad. Very sad when you realize that reading won't give you your own joy or knowledge; all you can do is vicariously experience the joy or knowledge of others.
>>
>>9348043
What about writing? Do you think it provides joy and/or knowledge? Because if not, what you get from reading is the idea of joy, which hasn't been experienced by the author either (at least not necessarily)
>>
>>9348043
It really depends, fampai. I was laughing like a loon during every page of Notes from the Underground for example in a way that wasn't all that different from talking about dumb shit with friends.
>>
>>9348043

Man, isn't reading more like gymnastics of the mind?
>>
>love life
>it's unrequited
>>
>>9349486
Kek

Though really you can't new sincerely claim to love life unless you've had an utterly shitty one too bee quite honasst, familiga.

I cried, I'm writer.
>>
>>9349498

A beautiful writer at that
>>
The world is secondary to the word.
>>
t. Letzter Mensch
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.