[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the escential Plato dialogues? Do I need to read presocratics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (374KB, 1280x1724px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
374KB, 1280x1724px
What are the escential Plato dialogues? Do I need to read presocratics before jumping into Plato?
>>
go 2 bed with itchy butthole
wake up smelly finger
>>
>>9346917
Plato is a good place to start in my opinion. It's where I started and the organic procession of the arguments were a real pleasure to read. To be specific, I started with 'the republic' and branched out from there.
>>
luckily there's literally a book called "essential dialogues"

https://www.amazon.com/Plato-Reader-Essential-Dialogues-Classics/dp/1603848118

you don't need to read pre-socratics, but you probably should read some sort of secondary introductory work on Plato if you are completely fresh to him or philosophy in general
>>
>>9346917
I love review of the week
>>
>>9347442
I really don't understand watching food reviews but this video is dope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH9ouo8-Dww
>>
>>9347513
It's crazy to think that all that information is passing through the air, EVERYWHERE

And not just that channel, thousands more
>>
>>9347442
He has the comfiest podcast of all time tbqh.
>>
>>9347531
Did you check the description? it really made me feel
>>
>>9346917
You don't need to, but you could read everything we have of them in a few hours. If you have a day you could hit all of them, their SEP pages, and Aristotle's rundowns. You can read Plato without reading them, but the rate of return is amazing if you do.
>>
>>9347548
Can someone give me a quick rundown on Aristotle?
>>
File: reviewbrah.jpg (61KB, 564x756px) Image search: [Google]
reviewbrah.jpg
61KB, 564x756px
>>9347442
do you guys remember when he was literally running from some stalkers or something like that
lmao
>>
>>9347575
He's a paranoid schizophrenic, and someone on 4chan found internal photos of his house on a relative's Facebook page, then posted them on 4chan saying 'i broke in reviewbrah's house, we're gonna get him soon'
>>
>>9347585
>He's a paranoid schizophrenic
source?
>>
>>9347575
that image, wew
would watch
>>
>>9347558
>Some are born with slavish qualities, regardless of the family they are born in.
>We know that a slave is a slave because if the slave was not a slave, they would rather commit suicide than continue to live in such conditions.

Neither are anything close to comprehending his thought, but they are fun to think about regardless.
>>
>>9346917

Republic, Phaedrus, Symposium, Apology, and Phaedo are the absolute barebones essentials
>>
>>9347543
what does he talk about?
>>
>>9347622
I would strongly lobby for adding Meno to that list.
>>
>>9347632
The bulk of his show is him responding to fan mail. He used to respond to every piece of fan mail he received, but then he started to get to much mail.
>>
>>9347585
>He's a paranoid schizophrenic
no he is not
>>
>>9347611
>>We know that a slave is a slave because if the slave was not a slave, they would rather commit suicide than continue to live in such conditions.
I agree with Aristotle tbqh
>>
>he hasn't read theaetetus
>>
>>9347697
me too, wagies btfo
>>
>>9346917
The Laws
>>
Symposium is enough for you to know how fucking gay they are
>>
>>9347575
post more reviewbrahs
>>
>>9347710
alcibiades
>>
>>9347548
What is the best way to tackle the pre-socratics? Would oxford's The First Philosophers: The Presocratics and Sophists be comprehensive?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.