[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the intelligentsia of today moved to youtube? I have watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 262
Thread images: 31

File: _12GlABA.jpg (24KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
_12GlABA.jpg
24KB, 349x349px
Has the intelligentsia of today moved to youtube? I have watched some videos by sargon of akkad, and it seems to me that he and people like him are carrying the torch of reason through our crumbling modern age. I do take Sargon as a man of letters, watching his videos it's quite obvious.
>>
He has a very regal beard. Socratic like as well. Is Sargon a philosopher king?
>>
>>9344467
Yes. Sargon is a walking, talking encyclopedia. He's like Chomsky except smarter and more eloquent. This may sound like a bold claim, but I expect people will still be talking about him two hundred years from now.
>>
lol. sargon is one of the most ill-read people I've ever heard. he routinely mixes philosophical concepts, has a tenuous grip on history, and argues from circular logic. if that is the example of intelligentsia then I fear for the future of mankind.
>>
>>9344467
Jontron is better and more intelligent
>>
File: cat.jpg (441KB, 3500x2940px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
441KB, 3500x2940px
>lvl 80 /pol/tard
>intelligentsia
>>
File: englishYesh.jpg (81KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
englishYesh.jpg
81KB, 636x358px
>>9344467
No, but what makes you think that and why are you babbling about that Sargon guy?

>torch of reason
>crumbling modern age
>a man of letters

While he might be, not from what I've seen of him {just another schizo talking into a mic about "them"}, do you think intelligentsia would even fall for the tv meme, let alone youtube? {As in, do you expect them to watch it?}

>>9344485
You, you ask the right question.
>>
>>9344467
>>9344518
Oh sheit, a internet search might be refreshing...
Haven't watched it yet but GET THE POPCORN!
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sargon_of_Akkad#Why_Sargon_is_a_shithead.2C_in_3_videos
>>
>>9344467
>>9344506
The guy started off as a highschool level dude who just rambled and screamed about thing he didn't like on video. He started to actually read about the topics he is talking about in recent years, it was interesting to watch him grow I guess. But he is still a low tier pseud on most issues.
>>
>>9344530
>rationalwiki
>>
>>9344537
We are talking about youtube manchilds making money by talking like a schizophrenic in a mic about "them" and sometimes even "us".
It seems justified to have a group of those people judge it.
>>
>>9344467
>Has the intelligentsia of today moved to youtube?

no.
>>
>>9344548
>wanting to listen to retards debunking other retards with retarded faulty logic
Might as well listen to the original retard then
>>
>>9344467
To an extent, sure. They use it just like anyone else. Most people on this board are part of the intelligentsia, by the way. It just refers to educated middle-class person who uses their education in their job.

All the actual interesting intellectual stuff is still in books, though. You can't reasonably do long content like that any other way.
>>
>>9344534
I've yet to see any evidence of said learning but I'll take your word for it. hardly a good representative for an intelligentsia in either case.
>>
>>9344563
We should delve deeper into this hole of contra-contrarianism:
>https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Sargon
>>
>>9344571
>intelligentsia just refers to educated middle-class person who uses their education in their job.
No, it doesn't.
>interchanging intellectual and intelligentsia
Stop posting.
>>
>>9344583
>The intelligentsia (Latin: intellegentia, Polish: inteligencja, Russian: интeллигeнция; IPA: [JntʲJlʲJˈɡʲentsɨjə]) is a status class of educated people engaged in the complex mental labours that critique, guide, and lead in shaping the culture and politics of their society.[1] As a status class, the intelligentsia includes artists, teachers, and academics, writers, journalists, and the literary hommes de lettres.
F I G H T M E
>>
>>9344586
>quoting correct definition to support his unrelated faulty one
So does this mean you can't read?
>>
>>9344597
It's what I said you dolt.
>>
File: vomit-40[1].jpg (19KB, 300x257px) Image search: [Google]
vomit-40[1].jpg
19KB, 300x257px
>youtubers
>>
>>9344599
Okay. So you can't comprehend a simple definition. Again: stop posting.
>>
>>9344611
It's okay to admit you were wrong anon. Even if it's just to yourself.
>>
>>9344609
Reading bizarro fiction while too drunk to walk is indeed better for firing neurons into/in/around/away from the big noodle.
>>
>>9344617
Bankers and financiers and engineers and trade workers all use their education in their job but none of them come under intelligentsia label, autismo. Class characteristic is even more retarded, because piss poor bohemian-lifestyle artists and wealthy famous academics are all equally intelligentsia. It's a moniker that was invented by my people and is ingrained in Russian life and politics, you flaming fucking wiki-quoting retard. Kys yourself and stop talking and arguing about things you have no actual understanding of.
>>
>>9344626
>Bankers and financiers and engineers and trade workers all use their education in their job
"""educated"""
>piss poor bohemian-lifestyle artists
Are middle class you retard.
>and wealthy famous academics
Are also middle class you retard.

Look c'mon man it's obvious what I mean, and unless you're autistic you know this is the case. Do you seriously think I think most people here are bankers and engineers?
>>
>>9344467
Yes, there exists no doubt that Sargon is the smartest individual on our planet right now. To him we owe all intellectual achievement. To him our hopes and dreams. In Sargon we trust.
>>
>>9344633
>double quotes to hide the absence of argument
>arbitrarily redefining middle-class
>most people here somehow pertaining to intelligentsia
Just fucking stop, cretin. Intelligentsia is a term indicating social and political engagement levels and not class or 'using education'.
>>
>>9344643
>arbitrarily redefining middle-class
Bohemian artists have literally never been thought of as working class. You think Van Gogh was working class?
>greentexting to hide the absence of argument
And this is what Slavs are reduced to.
>>
>>9344651
>Born into an upper-middle-class family, Van Gogh drew as a child and was serious, quiet and thoughtful. As a young man he worked as an art dealer, often travelling, but became depressed after he was transferred to London. He turned to religion, and spent time as a Protestant missionary in southern Belgium. He drifted in ill health and solitude before taking up painting in 1881, having moved back home with his parents. His younger brother Theo supported him financially, and the two kept up a long correspondence by letter.
>>
Youtube videos like the sort that Sargon does are so formulaic I don't know how can keep watching the same shit over and over. He'll just take a video that offends his views, play it for a 15 seconds, comment on it for a minute while throwing in some quips, and repeat that process for 20 minutes. It's so boring and it's almost always the same topic. If you've watched one video you've seen them all.
>>
>>9344467

believe it or not, but there is more intellectual labor than stuttering "it's not logical!" at things you don't like and audibly spraying sputum all over the microphone
>>
>>9344669

Hey buddy, it's called "fisking" in verbal form. It is a highly sophisticated argumentative technique designed by such luminaries as instapundit and littlegreenfootballs. Moron moonbats on the internet cannot handle being fisked.
>>
>>9344651
>artists have literally never
I specifically pointed out the poor amongst them. Fine, from the other end there's a great amount of literary and political personalities with massive wealth and/or noble status who most definitely aren't middle class my any definition, yet are indeed intelligentsia.
>hide the absence of argument
Already gave you several counterexamples to your retarded definition in a number of middle class occupations requiring higher education which have nothing to do with intelligentsia at all. This is enough to prove it incorrect. Now fuck off.
>>
>>9344669

It's the video equivalent of that autistic greentexting shit that people do on here where when they reply to you they quote and respond to individual sentences instead of just responding the your entire post.
>>
>>9344698
>here where when they
Nice metrum
>>
>>9344698
>they quote and respond to individual sentences instead of just responding the your entire post
I think it is a valid strategy to respond to individual points instead of trying to respond to ten points at once in a single on-going text, which almost always leaves points unclear or unanswered

>It's the video equivalent of that autistic greentexting shit that people do on here
Unless the quoting destroys the context of a point like I am doing right now

>they quote and respond
>to individual sentences
>just responding
Or you are maliciously misquoting what someone said
>>
>>9344729

I'm just letting you know that I didn't read your post because of the greentext. I never read them because it's always low effort bullshit.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>9344772
>on 4chan
>doesn't read greentext
>>
>>9344772
How come you know this if you've never read them?

You are bullshitting yourself!<
>>
>>9344790
>I never
vs.
>I've never
>>
test
>>
>>9345002
You passed.
>>
>>9344772

>not reading greentext
>being this much of an outsider lone wolf
>>
File: 2GERjGS.jpg (50KB, 453x530px) Image search: [Google]
2GERjGS.jpg
50KB, 453x530px
>>9344467
>Call yourself a rationalist
>Actually just a logical positivist--the opposite of a rationalist
>Surround yourself with other empiricists who cannot comprehend or address metaphysical arguments and who also call themselves rationalists incorrectly
>Make videos about slings and Greek warlords until you stumble onto paydirt making fun of other leftists who believe the same things you do but more honestly
>Now live slightly above the poverty line on patreon donations

Why can't we ever have an interesting E-Celeb, like an Italian Fascist or a Bakuninian Anarchist, it's always center-left faggots who hate other people for having actual positions.
>>
>Sargon isn't an intellectua-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Q1T1ExaMQ
>>
>>9345180
>Anarchism
It's time to grow up, timmy
>>
>>9344779
>>9345138
He is the greentext, the greentext parts are his own quotes.

It's just that greetexting individual lines from someone's argument and then commenting on them is a red-alert for retards and redditors.
>>
>>9345410
>It's just that greetexting individual lines from someone's argument and then commenting on them is a red-alert for retards and redditors.
why?
It's literally the same as quoting someone.
>>
File: al.jpg (15KB, 177x276px) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
15KB, 177x276px
I liked him on Home Improvement.
>>
>>9345419
Because by dissecting the argument in such a way when their post was intended to be understood as a whole you will inevitably miss out on the larger argument at hand in favour of starting a multitude of micro-arguments.

And once someone replies to you in such a way it's extremely difficult to respond back in any other format, it reduces the entire conversation to these autistic micro-arguments and the only options you have are to not respond or to get in on it which will over time degenerate the exchange into just taking potshots at each individual point regardless of whether or not it's relevant to the discussion.

In short it turns what could otherwise be a nice thread into an internet slapfight that will never go anywhere.
>>
>>9345448
I have completely other experiences with discussions on 4chan.
It's not the quoting you have an issue with, it's the attitude of the other poster.
You can have decent discussion while going over an argument point by point, the thing is the people who do this tend to take potshots as well.
You're simply confusing the two, very sad!
>>
>>9345466
You can't really separate one from the other. There's no way to argue in this format that isn't going to degrade the conversation and more importantly I have yet to encounter someone who posts like that who isn't a retard that's very obviously just out for the ego boost of "winning" an internet fight.

There's a reason in real formal debates person A speaks their case then person B speaks their case in full. Rather than person A speaking with person B giving line by line points of information, then person A giving points of information to the points of information and so on ad infinitum.

>very sad!
Very reddit!
>>
>>9345466

I can tell you're the sort that does the greentexting shit because you totally missed the point of what he's saying. The problem isn't the attitude of the poster, it's that the argument becomes irrelevant or diluted with so many mini arguments going on. The potshots are just an eventual consequence of the greentexting. It's not useful.
>>
File: hillary.png (902KB, 1446x881px) Image search: [Google]
hillary.png
902KB, 1446x881px
the true platform for patrician dissertation has to be the amazon self published ebook/paperback scene
>>
>>9345490
There's a reason in real formal debates person A speaks their case then person B speaks their case in full. Rather than person A speaking with person B giving line by line points of information, then person A giving points of information to the points of information and so on ad infinitum.
Actually it's pretty common that person A does his talk and then person B goes over it point by point pointing out the flaws.
This often happens when what person A says is a jumbled mess with falsities all over, you simply have to point it out, glossing over it would be a disservice to the discussion.

>Very reddit!
Ah the old reddit insult, I can't imagine the type of person who would do this. Unlike you who can do a complete personality assessment by simply judging in what format someone chooses to argue.

>>9345501
I disagree, and I've been in plenty of discussions.
Maybe the fault lies with you? maybe?
>>
File: 1491249253195.jpg (334KB, 2048x1290px) Image search: [Google]
1491249253195.jpg
334KB, 2048x1290px
this belongs here.
>>
>>9345542
that's just an image of random figures , makes no sense. What ? anyone you don't like is a rhetorician ?

>zizek and h3h3 on the same page
what has this board come to ?
>>
>>9345561
>brony autist doesn't spot the sarcasm
I'll have you know I'm laughing at your handicap irl right now.
>>
>>9344467
he definitely is reasonable and intelligent, but his avatar is cringey and I still get a feeling of smug pretentiousness from him, though I do admit he isn't a moron
>>
>>9345523
If you're not going to address my argument as a whole I'm not going to reply to you. As I was hinting at earlier.
>>
>>9345586
You just replied to me.
If you can't reply in a proper way maybe it's best you leave, you didn't seem to have a point to make to start with anyway, toodles.
>>
>>9344617
sometimes i find it weak an odd that people defer (almost completely) to a dictionary definition to make an argument
>>
File: d49.png (432KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
d49.png
432KB, 600x645px
>>9345573
I typed sargon of akkad meme in google and took this one because I despise pony and this trigger people.

>Implying I would not gas /mlp/
>>
>>9345602
Doesn't change the fact that you failed to spot obvious sarcasm, sperg
>>
>>9345621
I am just trolling guys XDdddd

kys sage
>>
>>9345570
What don't you understand? These people have more incentive to persuade you than to be truthful. And that particular group of people are popular, and influential.
>>
>>9345672
He is quite a sage compared to you
>>
>>9345682
Don't you have a better place to still your channel?

There is so much interesting stuff to learn on YouTube and yet you shill a channel of pure logorrhoea.

sage
>>
>/lit/ is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to /his/. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/.

There is nothing of /lit/ in this thread.

sage
>>
>>9345709
see
>>9345365
>>
>>9345695
Is my channel in uproar?
>>
>>9344516
>lvl 80
Sargon is a libertarian atheist who stopped masturbating about God and started shittalking about gamergate.

He is entry tier if anythig.
>>
Do you guys know some good channel for book analysis ?

Sage
>>
>>9345792
the mind
>>
>>9345785
>libertarian
>anti-immigrant

cmon son.
>>
>>9345785
>Sargon is a libertarian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjhIn0rn-Q
>>
>>9345803
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCaqDwWBtO1LtPa3BVx4-aAw

This?

sage
>>
>>9345806
He's not anti-IMMIGRANT, he's just anti-what everybody means by immigrant ("mass immigration")
>>
>>9345897
So, to summarize - he's anti-immigrant?
>>
>>9345913
Yes except you can't say that because it's got bad connotations.
>>
>>9344510
Kek. Jontron is nothing but a meme.
>>
>>9345897

First worlds immigrate people based on necessity, i.e. an expanding economy, and low birthrates. There's no reason to prefix it with "mass".
>>
>>9346029
If he's for taking in educated people that the country lacks and needs, is he really "anti-immigration"?
>>
Hahahahaha
>>
>>9346047
Yes. Nowadays nobody but infinitesimally small amount of people is representing the total isolation position. High-skilled immigration is virtually a non-topic, so it's fair to say pro/anti-immigrations refers to 'mass' one.
>>
>>9344467

Not even close.
>>
>>9344467
He's to smart for academia, (((they)))(youtube) want to shut him and his friends down. This shows the real intellectual power that his ideas hold.
>>
Sargon confirmed rep
Of the deadly haiku post.
You nighas is late.
>>
>>9346170
Is this ironic or bait or post-ironic bait?
>>
>>9346193
just a joke post
>>
>>9344563

sargon pls go
>>
>>9345512

many of us are on this tibetan etchings website for the laffs but this kind of thing gives me second thoughts about giving attention to these paranoid schizophrenics
>>
>>9345542
>chomsky and h3h3 in the same image
kys
>>
File: uTaGsJV.png (378KB, 817x555px) Image search: [Google]
uTaGsJV.png
378KB, 817x555px
yes. if you write a book a few thousand people might read it. if you post you youtube, you get hundred of tousands of views instantly
>>
>>9346590
Learn English first you cunt.
>>
>>9345542
>alex jones
>pseudointellectual
psychic vampire detected
>>
>>9344467
suffice it to say it has moved to the internet
but only because it is an effective platform for the sharing of ideas.
the highest tier so to speak still meet personally, in private
>>
He's an idiot that debates inarguably stupid ideas to make himself seem smarter. he has the illusion of being eloquent because he uses big words and has a British accent. I'm pretty sure his main audience is 12 year olds that think he's an intellectual because his username is really long.

Also Kraut and Tea is way better
>>
>>9346724
You think sharia law is a good idea then?
>>
>>9346170
This guy is an idiot, he conflates locale specific copyright infringement with increased censorship in for example Germany.
>>
>>9346751
If Islam is the theology of a madman or a fraud why did it spread so far? Surely he would've been exposed eventually.
>>
>>9346751 I was just talking about a British pseudo intellectual. Wtf does my post have to do with sharia law
>>
>>9346724
I bet you're not too great a character yourself, dear old
>>
>>9344506
10/10 the guy's a joke uses the appearance of intellectualism to make himself seem more intelligent. There's some pretty funny debunking of him. If I want intelligent thought on youtube there's more recordings of actual academics speaking than I'll ever be able o get through in my lifetime.
>>
>>9346751
You're responding to a comment that says "He's an idiot that debates inarguably stupid ideas to make himself seem smarter" M8 do you know what inarguably stupid means, sharia law's an example of the easy targets he picks. You'd best google inarguably stupid cause that's how you look.
>>
>>9344467
sargon is okish but he does not do as much intellectual work as he claims to. most of his videos are about him reading something someone send him and screaming "Wrong" at the screen. everytime he tries to go deeper it backfires on him and he does have supremacist view of GB and is anti AI like a total retard. His book library seems very limited since he only references same books over and over (mostly The Republic By Plato and rules for radicals by saul alinsky) like Colbert and many other "clowns" of modern age he makes serious jabs but when called out hides behind the mask of "Im just shooting shit" " Im just a guy on the internet" from time to time he does act like he is a leader of a culture war and his ego is not helped by undoomed and others sucking his dick
>>
>>9344534
excuses, have you seen how many times he uses "I don't know economics but" excuse, by now he could have finished few semesters. hell he could have had his fans pay for it and turned it into a sister channel "learning economics with sargon". He is a lazy fuck who can't even be bothered to edit his vidoes unless his fans call him out on it
>>
>>9344571
nah, true intelligentsia is like a true gamer, never uses the label on himself
>>
>>9344669
off screen drama, fanboys eat it up. sargon is among the more skilled since failures usually ask for money from the get go and are not above using a 7 year old blog fight to make an outraged video about
>>
>>9345180
There are Anarchist on youtube. They are usually pseudos living of their parents.
>rationalist
Does not he use inductive reasoning?
>>
>>9345602
mlp is good
>>
>>9346608
if you write a book, a few thousand people might read it. on youtube you get hundreds of thousands of views instantly. Is this more correct, sempai ?
>>
>>9346724
Kraut is meh, he would not even roll with nazi memes. Despite most of his vids being shitposting. His years of lead vid was interesting (hyperbolic but interesting) but otherwise he has not kept up with German recap and generally seems to be saying obvious shit in a condescending manner
>>
>>9344497
lolwut?
>>
>>9347013
le bait
>>
>>9345542
Zizek actually has good work on Hegel, Marxist commodity fetishism, and Lacanian dream interpretation. He makes ridiculous claims and holds some silly beliefs, but his published work is actually useful.
>>
File: 1468724420640.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1468724420640.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>9346923
>easy targets == important targets

ok.
>>
>>9344497
Nobody's talking about chompsky now
>>
>>9344609
It's a good medium. Get with the times, grandpa.
>>
>>9346987
Are there though? Badmouse is the only one I can think of, other than some leftypol shitposters.
>>
>>9345180
Zarazustras Serpant is pretty interesting.
>>
>>9345542
Lindybeige is just a hobbyist historian, not much room for rhetoric there.
>>
>>9347092
Are you saying I'm portraying easy targets as important ones? Don't see how I'm doing that
>>
>>9347169
People get really really upset he doesn't in fact mind being English.
>>
>>9345542
>>H3h3
>>Pseudointellectual
I dont remember h3 trying to even look like intellectual of any sort
>>
>>9344467

> looking at threads in the catalog

Why has /lit/ debased themselves so much?
>>
File: toto-africa-books.png (211KB, 577x411px) Image search: [Google]
toto-africa-books.png
211KB, 577x411px
I liked him in Africa
>>
>>9344467
he is a dilettante evirate
>>
>>9345542
brother nathanael does not belong on that list
---
The Carnal Jew
By Brother Nathanael Kapner
Copyright 2017

The sex scandals of Anthony Weiner come as no surprise to me.

Nor Eliot Spitzer’s midnight flings with call girls.

For like all Jews, they reject the messiahship of Jesus Christ.

You don’t reject ‘Life in the Spirit’ that the embrace of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ brings with impunity.

For in ‘living according to the flesh,’ the Jew remains trapped as a ‘carnal man’ held fast in the curse of corruption and death.

Mammon is their god, Prosac their sacrament, and self-worship their religion,

No one portrays the ‘carnal man’ better than Jewish comedians.

Whether it’s Sarah Silverman sitting on a toilet, Woody Allen humping a shiksa, or Larry David urinating while blaspheming Christ, one sees the carnal Jew in full swing.

Even the promotion of homosexual sin by Jews on America’s highest bench parade the Jewish propensity for groveling in earthly carnality.

But there’s an added piece of the carnal trap that the Jew cannot escape, the ‘Deicidal Curse.’

“Crucify Him,” demanded the Jews of Pilate, “His blood be upon us and upon our children.”

This, the ‘Deicidal Curse’ the Jews called down on their children, presses upon the heads of every Jew.

Sarah Silverman brings The Curse center stage.

[Clip: “Everybody blames the Jews for, for killing Christ. And then the Jews try to pass it up on the Romans. You know I am one of the few people that believe it was the blacks. I don’t care, good, I hope the Jews did kill Christ. I’d do it again. I’d f-ing do it again in a second.”]

I’m not here to condemn anyone, especially those of my own race.

I only wish to help them…for where there’s life there’s a chance to repent.

Will Wiener, Spitzer, Silverman, Allen, David, Ginsburg and all the rest of the Jews repent?

I dare not say what will happen to them if they don’t.
>>
File: 1491497613362.jpg (661KB, 2048x1290px) Image search: [Google]
1491497613362.jpg
661KB, 2048x1290px
>>9345542
I fixed this chart for you.
>>
File: cheety cunt.jpg (110KB, 497x640px) Image search: [Google]
cheety cunt.jpg
110KB, 497x640px
>>9348086
The score for Dune was shit tho
>>
>>9349047

you don't know who the british weasel, JOhn Oliver, is?
>>
>>9349065
I don't watch television.
>>
>>9347187

People are probably more upset because he's often wrong and idiotic. He seriously said Napoleon was Hitler-tier.
>>
>>9349047
>nye, harris, carlin, stewart, scaruffi
>not pseuds
naisu baito desu
>>
>>9349094
He's the kind of RULE BRITANNIA REEEEEE cretin that might have gotten a drunken pub audience at most 20 years ago. Now he has 100,000 people watching every one of his uninformed, retarded, nationalistic, cretinous videos.
>>
>>9349110
yes the only non-pseuds are the commies ofcourse
>>
>>9349047
>anthony fantano, the young turks, scaruffi
>not pseuds
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>9349130
Who the fuck is scaruffi?
>>
>>9349110
That's funny, because I would actually consider harris one of the most intellectual people on there. Scaruffi is a music scholar, from what I know, so I don't really know why he'd be a pseudo intellectual. Carlin's political sketches were usually pretty poignant and he's the only stand up comedian who I'd usually site as "stand up comedian" I like (besides maybe bill hicks). I thought John Stewart's show was extremely poignant. Bill Nye is a fucking scientist. He got a degree in engineering, that's not pseudo intellectual rubbish. He also developed patents, I believe. Not to mention he did an entire science series on television, which I don't think one can just disregard. The guy is obviously an intellectual.
>>
File: expanse.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
expanse.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>9349135
GO
FUCKING
BACK
>>
>>9349132
Brainlet pedophile music "reviewer"
>>
>>9349130
I watch the young turks, and while I don't think their show is extremely pretentious and high brow, I do think that they're generally pretty on point with the things they have to say. I think they do a very good job on their run downs on more complicated issues with the irish guy and hasan piker. I would usually look to secular talk radio with kile kulinsky for my news more regularly though, if I am going to watch a new video for a change. Most of the articles I read are written.
>>
>>9349144
the young turks is the left version of rebelmedia
>>
>>9349144
Cenk's IQ is sub-80
>>
>>9349144

How do you feel about Cenk calling black people "uncle Toms" for disagreeing with BLM?
>>
>>9349135
>having a sharp tongue and giving ""poignant"" performances is a feat of intellectualism
>having a degree in something is a feat of intellectualism
>doing an educational tv show is a sign of intellectualism
>thinking person with an undergrad tier understanding of philosophy and a bought phd in neuroscience is an intellectual
Do you not know what an intellectual means? It's not a synonym for 'smart guy', senpai.
>>
>>9349135
>Bill Nye is a fucking scientist. He got a degree in engineering
Is this bait or are you really that retarded?
>>
>>9349155
Jenk is not the most intellectual person in the world, but he's not a pseudo intellectual. I think he's pretty well spoken and I think he's right on a lot of issues.
>>9349147
Rebel media is just that one bearded guy endlessly whinging about social justice warriors. The young turks are forward thinking progressives, who supported bernie sanders in the primaries. They value a lot of progressive ideals which I also agree with, and their show is very modest, they don't have big bloated egos. They run their show off of donors so they can be themselves on camera, and I generally think what they have to say is pretty poignant. There's hardly an issue that I disagree with them on.
>>
>>9345678
>rather than be truthful
The internet only has room for Sophistry, anon. Go on, argue with me.
>>
>>9349157
I think black lives matter is an organization which is trying to raise awareness about police brutality towards black people and I see nothing wrong with that. Quite the contrary, actually.
>>9349158
I do think bill nye is a bit ignorant on matters of philosophy, to be fair. He did write off the whole discipline in a short minute long talk on whether or not you should pursue a degree in philosophy. He also seems to disregard the entire lack of free will argument. In that regard I think that sam harris is extremely well spoken, and lays out his points extremely eloquently. I think they both have their strengths though.

To say bill nye is not an intellectual is a stretch, to say he's a pseudo intellectual is just nonsense.
>>
File: 456786456.jpg (56KB, 382x358px) Image search: [Google]
456786456.jpg
56KB, 382x358px
>>9349168
>>9349176
jesus christ, there's just no hope left for you
>>
>>9349189
Wow, you convinced me.
>>
>>9349176
>I think black lives matter is an organization which is trying to raise awareness about police brutality towards black people and I see nothing wrong with that. Quite the contrary, actually.

Don't you think people should be allowed to disagree with them without being racially attacked? "Uncle Tom" is a racial epithet for black people who supposedly "act white."
>>
>>9349176
Nye is a moderator for children's science program, you fucking retard. He's not an intellectual in any sense of the word.
>>
>>9349176
The leaders of black lives matter are openly racist you pathetic brainlet, black americans do not experience more unjust police violence than whites do percentage-wise
>>
>>9349196
Well, he knows the basic principles of science, which is more than the general population of america knows. He could know at least enough to be a high school science teacher, and I think that elevates you above the average person in terms of knowledge and education. He's also very well spoken and is usually pretty on the money with stuff he has to say in general, and very diplomatic.

The question was whether or not he's a pseudo intellectual, and I'd definitely say he's not a pseudo intellectual, and I'd even go as far to say that he's an intellectual. This argument either breaks off here or goes in circles.
>>
>>9349200
Correct. Actually, poor people suffer from unjust police violence more than other categories, percentage wise.
>>
File: tumblr_o241w5KIJ91qapzi5o1_540.jpg (106KB, 404x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o241w5KIJ91qapzi5o1_540.jpg
106KB, 404x810px
>>9349047
>right wing = pseudo-intellectual
i would not be wrong to say you're an atheist

>the young turks, fantano, TAA & neil degrasse tyson are intellectuals
lol ok
>>
File: 1446044089362.jpg (133KB, 776x678px) Image search: [Google]
1446044089362.jpg
133KB, 776x678px
>>9349176
>>9349168
kek, almost got me, better luck next time
>>
>>9349213
What does being an atheist have to do with your opinions on the right wing? Are you saying that atheists are generally more compassionate and less prone to falling for fake news bullshit? I'd actually agree with you on that.

You're probably one of those people who thinks donald trump and steve bannon and the rest of his cabinet are just huge intellectuals. Fucking global warming is a conspiracy, am I right my dudes? Electro shock the gays :^)
>>
>>9349212
it's hard to say how much of it is really unjust, we only have the statistics for unarmed shootings, and since poor people generally tend to be on the low agreeableness scale it's hard to determine how many police officers abuse power, but it would be definetly much fewer than the shooters in the unarmed people shootings
>>
>>9349209
>knowing basic principles of science and being well spoken is being an intellectual
The argument doesn't really go in circles. There is no argument at all really, you just clearly misunderstand the meaning of the term 'intellectual'.
>>
>>9349239
in·tel·lec·tu·al
ˌin(t)əˈlek(t)SH(o͞o)əl/
adjective
relating to the intellect.
"children need intellectual stimulation"
synonyms: mental, cerebral, cognitive, psychological; More
noun
a person possessing a highly developed intellect.
synonyms: highbrow, learned person, academic, bookworm, man/woman of letters, bluestocking; More
>>
>>9349224
when did liberals co-opt the fake news term? Do the think years of liberal retardation can just be written off because some conservatie said wrong thing recently?
>>
>>9345542
If these people are pseuds then everyone is a pseud:

>Chomsky
Well respected linguist and philosopher. Professor at many respected universities.
>The two Hitchens
Both well respected Journalists
>Sam Harris
Actually received a Ph.D. in cognitive neuroscience for the research he did on the things he talks about
>Varoufakis
An actual Minister of Finance of a western nation. Not to mention Ph.D in economics and MSc in mathematical statistics
>Žižek
Senior researcher at the Institute for Sociology and Philosophy at the University of Ljubljana

Semi-pseuds:
>Dawkins
Well respected bumblebee researcher. But yeah a pseud when it comes to philosophy.
>Jordan Peterson
Well respected psychologist. Professor of psychology. Out of his depth when it comes to philosophy.
>Krauss
Theoretical physicist and cosmologist. Professor at several institutes. Not a pseud when he stays in his field of knowledge.

People who never claimed to be intellectual or tried to fulfill the role of an intellectual:
>Joe Rogan
>TheNeedleDrop
>Dave Rubin
>Boogie

The other guys are either pseuds or I don't know them
>>
>>9349247
I can't this sort of low effort shit posting seriously, sorry. Drop the vague platitudes and contentions and maybe we'll talk.
>>
>>9349224
oh i did hit the atheist button
who saw that one coming
>>
File: 1461961911527.jpg (94KB, 849x566px) Image search: [Google]
1461961911527.jpg
94KB, 849x566px
>>9349224
People who describe themselves as atheists should be lined up against the wall and shot, hang all nigs too desu
>>
>>9349256
Being an atheist just means you don't believe in god, nothing more. I'd actually say being an atheist qualifies you as being an intellectual, because it means you actually think. The concept of god is absurd, there's never been any evidence for it and it's absurd to think it's true. If you're an atheist it means you've overcome a part of the human condition which is prone to not separating fact from fantasy. Human beings in general often have a hard time being rational, and if you're an atheist it means you've overcome one of the basic animal instincts of a human being. That, in my book, makes a person an intellectual.

A person with faith has faith one day, arbitrarily "loses" it tomorrow. It's utter nonsense, nothing about faith is based on intellect. If anything I think being anti atheist proves that you're a pseudo intellectual.
>>
>>9349242
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual

fucking kys yourself for wasting everyone's time cretin
>>
File: 1456921472567.jpg (97KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1456921472567.jpg
97KB, 433x419px
>>9349267
>>
>>9349267
Tell me this is pasta, please.
>>
>>9349269
"The determining factor for a Thinker (historian, philosopher, scientist, writer, artist, et al.) to be considered a public intellectual is the degree to which he or she is implicated and engaged with the vital reality of the contemporary world; that is to say, participation in the public affairs of society. Consequently, being designated as a public intellectual is determined by the degree of influence of the designator's motivations, opinions, and options of action (social, political, ideological), and by affinity with the given thinker; therefore:"

Funny, because this article seems to say that you're an intellectual simply by consequence of having a critical voice public affairs. If that's the definition of intellectual then it qualifies everyone on that chart.
>>
>>9349267
I have examined your position and determined your utterances to be mere brain-farts. But even so, supposing you should try to think afresh, your thoughts will be better as a consequence of today's scrutiny.
>>
>>9349275
>>9349279
>>9349288
I stumped the christtards.
>>
>>9349248
>Sam Harris
Actually bought his PhD. His research papers now actually used to teach grad students how to """not""" use an fMRI.
>Hitchenses
>having your opinion published makes you an intellectual
WEW
>>
>>9349295
how the fuck can burgers buy PHDs?
>>
>>9349292
I'm Taoist you presumptuous fuck.
>>
>>9349295
>>Sam Harris
>Actually bought his PhD.
Didn't know about this, any more info?

>>having your opinion published makes you an intellectual
It depends on where you get your opinions published. Unless you think the entire media landscape is shit of course
>>
>>9349300
I stumped the taoisttard
>>
>>9349300
No difference, it's all fantasy bs. Being an atheist doesn't just mean you don't believe in god, it means you don't believe in gods in general. It doesn't, however, automatically mean that one doesn't believe in superstition in general. For that label I would call myself a skeptic, because things which are explained magically instead of empirically, are always to be doubted.
>>
File: libcuckcuckcuck.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
libcuckcuckcuck.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
The only good pseudo intellectual skeptic coming through.
>>
>>9349299
>enroll in a paid PhD program
>do nothing but some nominal classes
>shit out something vaguely resembling research
>get your doctoral title
>>
>>9349311
DAWG WERE TALKING ABOUT AMERICA LOOK AT SUCCESFUL SOCIALISM IN SWEDEN DAWG, DAWG, DAWG, DAWG, DAWG, DAWG, DAWG, DAWG
>>
>>9349316
((((((context))))))
>>
>>9349311
where do e-celebs get these dramatic photos taken at?
>>
>>9349322
You answered the question yourself didn't you?
>>
>>9349295
>UCLA
>bought PhD

Alrighty then
>>
>>9349305
fugg DD:
>>
>>9349047
rubin and fantano are ultrapseuds
>>9349144
youre right but sadly /pol/ has seeped into every board
and finally
>>9344467
>>9344467
>>9344467
>>9344467
this bait was wayyyyy too successful, if i wasnt addicted to distraction i would never visit this trash board again
>>
>>9349316
when I heard "dawg" literally turned off the stream
>>
>>9349341
>rubin
>literally puts disclaimers everywhere that he doesn't know anything and just wants to have conversations with people who know more than him

>fantano
>reviews music on youtube
>>
>>9349341
Holy shit you dumb faggot, TYT has been caught lying more than CNN
>Waaaaaah they won't watch my favourite deceitful biased news network they must be those darn evil poltards
>>
File: image-17.png (303KB, 597x381px) Image search: [Google]
image-17.png
303KB, 597x381px
>>9349352
>that fat face when you're financed by qatar
>>
File: Metokur.jpg (32KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
Metokur.jpg
32KB, 530x530px
THE intellectual
>>
>>9349368
He's genuinely funny
>>
>>9344530

People unironically use rationalwiki as a source for anything? They spend all their time debunking a lot of shit that basically debunks itself like UFOs and astrology and they still can't resist the urge to strawman and ad hominem. It's truly embarrassing.
>>
File: 1473582718274.jpg (157KB, 966x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1473582718274.jpg
157KB, 966x1113px
>>9349341
cenk pls leave
>>
>>9349311
Some of his debates are enjoyable. Nothing to take too seriously, but it's good that people other than the retarded social justice crowd are criticizing the new "skeptic" movement.
>>
>>9349349
his 'topical satire' of occupy wallstreet reveals how truly simple he is. also whenever he opens his mouth on music history bullshit comes out.

>>9349376
>>9349363
>>9349352
the fact you guys have a fuck cenk folder only confirms /pol/ was a mistake
>>
>>9349373
On a related note, is encyclpoedia dramatic still up nowadays? Do people even give a shit about that shithole anymore?
>>
>literature board
>thread about poltardian youtubers
you have to go back
>>
>>9349385
I just pulled a random image of cenk off of google images
>/pol/ is mistake because a lying roach with severe mental retardation gets criticized
you were a mistake
>>
>>9349392
Yes it's still up, though banned from google searches.

But it is intended to be a joke, unlike rationalwiki. Which has degenerated into ideological shit-slinging. Funnily enough ED is more neutral on most issues in its satire and shitposting than rationalwiki is with its supposed rationality and scepticism.
>>
>>9349392

Somebody is still making articles for it, 2008 internet lingo included.
>>
>>9349405
/pol/ was a mistake for so many other reasons, don't worry, Cenk 'The Armenian Genocide' Uglyur is just a fag that /pol/acks like to peddle as being everything wrong with the left, which to them starts with Margaret Thatcher.
>>
>>9349419
Holy...
>>
>>9349341
>rubin
He just seems like a centrist who is very diplomatic and willing to have any opinion on his show, and is generally very neutral in his opinions. I don't see how he could be considered a pseud.
>>
File: thas the joke.jpg (3KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
thas the joke.jpg
3KB, 120x90px
>>9345913
>>
>>9344467
>fraternizes with milo yiannopolisowitz
>intellectual
>>
>>9349725
Is that why he gets only fringe right wingers on his show? So that's what centrism is, whoa
>>
>>9349744
it's also why he can't go two seconds without criticizing anyone who is even vaguely liberal.
>>
>>9349311
Atleast this weirdo (Destiny) is honest enough to change his view points when he is proven wrong.

Can't say that of most of these youtube channels that tend to be nothing more than propaganda trough circle jerks for proto-fascists to dellude themselves into thinking they are intellectual rebels.
>>
>>9349819
>everything not far-left is proto-fascism
woah, really makes one ponder
>>
>>9349819
Fascism is the only intellectually rebellious position, and I say that as someone who isn't one.
>>
>>9349311

He really is an evil person. I was watching his debate with Sargon and he admitted that immigration hurts the lower classes by depressing wages but he wants to continue with this policy of mass immigration because it results in cheap labor which then results in cheaper products for him to consume. In other words he's okay with the exploitation of workers because it enables him to satisfy his material ends. He justifies this to himself by proposing some vague psuedo-communist policy to redistribute the wealth from higher classes.

It all comes down to him being a greedy person and his positions reflect this. He has too much money to be personally effected by immigration and he doesn't have enough money to be effected by the increased taxes of his wealth redistribution model. He supports massive immigration because there's only an upside to the only person that matters to him, which is Destiny.
>>
>>9349860
I also liked how he considered smart phones to be as important as water and food
>>
>>9349819
I have never in my life ever seen any of the fascism-accusers ever explain why they think person/thing is fascist, holy shit what a meaningless term
>>
File: Hans-Hermann-Hoppe.jpg (841KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Hans-Hermann-Hoppe.jpg
841KB, 1200x1600px
>>9345806
Got's an problem's???
>>
>>9349858

even if it isn't """popular""" it's still a position predicated on dominating and being dominated.
>>
>>9349884
so?
>>
>>9344506
I was alt-right and this 100%. Conservatards are on the right track to become twice as stupid as SJWs and ten times as insidious.
>>
>>9349895
why?
>>
>>9349884
It's not merely unpopular, it's actively reviled by every major institution. I can't think of any other political position so actively opposed.
>>
>>9349895
I fail to see how
>>
>>9344467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o49cGq9UUBY
>>
>>9345542
>Compilation of semi famous people who have talked about politics at some point in the past few decades.jpg
>>
>>9346787
Because half of Muslims are inbred.
>>
>>9349972
Is that why they flock to England, kinship?
>>
>>9349895
I cannot locate an argument
>>
>>9344467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc24YtUslCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmKGPRXE-xw
>>
>>9350118
hbomberguy is even worse than sargon, total faggot incapable of anything but strawmans
>>
>>9350118
>hbomberguy
Right into the fucking trash it goes.
>>
File: unacceptable.png (227KB, 314x438px) Image search: [Google]
unacceptable.png
227KB, 314x438px
>>9350118
>>
>>9350118

Never trust a hunchback
>>
>>9350118
The antifeminism vs facts one is garbage, really shows that you can practically show any numbers on screen and talk whatever and people will believe you
The first thing that atleast resembled an argument was that the reported experiences were placed seperately on the chart. He still doesn't refute the fact that it's over-exaggeration since it's a self-reported survey, literally all he did was point at the numbers
Not watching a second of this faggot ever again
>>
>>9344467
why does this very weak bait get (You)'s?
>>
File: 1476459926479.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476459926479.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>9350118
I could be watching omar isuf right now
>>
>>9349860
Mass immigration is just immigration. countries immigrate people based necessity i.e. an expanding economy, and low/negative birthrates. Most jobs taken by immigrants are jobs waiting for them, not jobs taken from natives. The increase in labor just means more affordable products and services. The few people that may get laid off isn't worth the hit to your dollar's purchasing power. A lot of states would be at a worker deficit without immigrants.

>He justifies this to himself by proposing some vague psuedo-communist policy to redistribute the wealth from higher classes.

social programs to protect your citizens from extreme wealth disparity isn't inherently communist.
>>
>>9350230

I think you're confusing what's being said. The argument is not that "they're taking our jobs," The number of jobs in the US for unskilled and uneducated people is finite, so the less competition among the workers the more those workers can demand from employers. Any influx of uneducated and unskilled workers increases the competition with the native born unskilled and uneducated people to the point where have to accept lower wages in order to have a job.
>>
>>9349248
>Both well respected Journalists
Peter Hitchens writes for the Daily Mail. He's a decent speaker, but not a well respected journalist or an intellectual.
>>
>>9350254
Growing economies, by virtue, aren't finite unless at peak production. You're just asserting that uneducated and low skilled workers are competing, when they're really not. A lot of the cases they're not even working the same jobs, or they're working along side one another, given that jobs are constantly being added. Any competition is nominal.

Lower wages aren't indicative of much. Purchasing power is more important which comes with increased, and efficient labor.

short read:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/10/immigrants-arent-stealing-american-jobs/433158/
>>
>>9350254
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lump_of_labour_fallacy

You might want to read the part about immigration.
>>
>>9344467
smart witty funny guy, i don't see anything wrong with him
>>
>>9349368
is that actually him
is he nuPynchon?
>>
>>9350396
What about automatization making 40% of jobs obsolete in the next 20 years?
>>
>>9344467
No. What a fucking stupid idea.
>>
File: wew.jpg (81KB, 1268x295px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
81KB, 1268x295px
>>
>>9350570
His verbal iq is very good though, despite spouting some weird shit in the past, he's gotten a LOT better, but he keeps repeating himself so much, and the forced sad tone during vids where he analyzes terrorist attacks seems so forced
>>
>>9350126
>>9350129
>>9350145
>>9350148
gotta love these rationals lmao
>>
>>9344497
>people will still be talking about him two hundred years from now
lolno

The only one who stands a chance of this is JBP.
>>
>>9349111

It's pretty bad, yeah. I mean, you can have pride in your nationality if you want but it's basically just repeating propaganda.

The fact that others take his word as gospel is pretty sad. That's all over youtube though, so not just him.
>>
>>9349111
I honestly don't feel that way about most of his vids, if there was any recent one that upset you, post it and explain why
>>
>>9345384
I'm not a fascist either, I'm just tired of youtube atheists. It's literally the same character with a different motif every time.

Can we get someone with something new to say in here?
>>
Wow this has to be the worst thread /lit/ has ever produced
>>
>>9353139
/lit/ went to shit in the last few months

first there was a mass influx of redditors to /pol/ (about a year ago, with trump and all) and then those redditors started coming here too
>>
That fat bearded man is an idiot.
No really, he's stupid and lazy and hasn't read a thing he's talking about. Please defend him some more, lol.
>>
>>9349392
>On a related note, is encyclpoedia dramatic still up nowadays? Do people even give a shit about that shithole anymore?
It is. It also remains one of the few trustworthy sources about more famous youtubers somehow.

>>9349744
>Is that why he gets only fringe right wingers on his show? So that's what centrism is, whoa
Do you think left-wing people are willing to go on his show?
>it's also why he can't go two seconds without criticizing anyone who is even vaguely liberal.
Why do you side with people who enable islamists and leftwing identity politics? This just confirms that leftypol is for edgy shitlibs
>>
>>9349884
>even if it isn't """popular""" it's still a position predicated on dominating and being dominated.
That's a retarded freudian psychoanalysis, why do you still entertain this non-sense? Do you believ in the f-scale?
>>
>>9344467
No
Thread posts: 262
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.