[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys I need some assistance. I'm attempt Ada for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: AdaCover.jpg (39KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
AdaCover.jpg
39KB, 260x400px
Alright guys I need some assistance. I'm attempt Ada for the first time. How should I read this thing? Should I use ada online and try to get the 3000 references per page, while trying to use Nabokov's "notes" or do I just need to read it the first time through try and get the jokes I understand and enjoy the book? Because as of now I'm attempting to use ada online and the end notes and trying to flip between 3 things, attempting to get the references and trying to get the story is driving me insane.
>>
>>9340855
99% of the people who read that book did it without "notes" you sperg

just read it like a normal pe--oh wait
>>
>>9340898
I mean the notes I'm referring to is the joke endnotes so it seems like it adds to the book in terms of enjoyment. But ada online is a nightmare to use.
>>
Read it straight through first time... it will take a chapter or two to get used to the prose. It's not on the le el of Ulysses in terms of subtext, word play and annotations But it's a wonderful book -- one of my favorites.
>>
>>9340928
Alright thanks I just finished lolita and wanted to take on the big one just wasn't sure if it's the kind of book you needed to get every nuance to enjoy.
>>
File: IMG_7585.jpg (321KB, 675x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7585.jpg
321KB, 675x612px
>>9340928
This. /thread.
>>
>>9340928
Ya pretty much this. The first 100 pages are the hardest in the book and most people don't enjoy them. That section is largely a parody of Russian family sagas, heavily peppered with cultural and literary allusions. Much of the most significant information in the book is contained within those 100 pages but is very intentionally obfuscated (for narrative reasons that you will understand as the book goes forward). So if you hate it then wait at least 200 pages before dropping.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.