[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"You are smart enough to read me /lit. I believe in you"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: joseph-mc-letter-left-1.jpg (144KB, 542x853px) Image search: [Google]
joseph-mc-letter-left-1.jpg
144KB, 542x853px
"You are smart enough to read me /lit. I believe in you"
- Joseph Mcelroy
>>
Read Ancient History. Is it one of his easiest works or is it about normal?
>>
>>9340275
It's both actually. You can take it for face value or you can dive into how he plays with time. A good example would be when 30 seconds passes by in the book and that paragraph is 30 words long. Or like how he stuff 4 summers into 2 words, the quarry. Did you notice the distance between each friend changed depending on the points they were plotted on the parabola?
>>
>>9340296
Hm, neat, I don't really pay attention to counting when reading.
I liked how the book gave you the impression that he left the office and continued writing at home but then the ending pretty much affirms he's only then leaving the room.
>>
>>9340307
Lol the novel never made it seem like he left. He was always seconds from being caught. He was always there and at the end he goes to answer the door because the guys son in law came back. Read it again nigger.
>>
>>9340316
His wife questioning him writing to a dead man ya dip.
>>
>>9340329
What pages? I'll have a seccond look. I remember that but I swear he was just imagining what she would think or say to him. Because he never leaves the apartment until the end when he goes to answer the door.
>>
>>9340336
That's what happens, what it looks like it happens is that he left and went home.
Also idk the page I didn't memorize the fucking thing I just read it an afternoon.
>>
>>9340296
lmao this sounds like some obtuse masturbatory bullshit
>>
>>9340344
Ahhhh I see where you are coming from. Sorry for calling you a nigger. You aren't a nigger.
>>
>>9340352
Nah you can ignore all that. It's about 3% of the book.
>>
>>9340353
No prob famalam.
>>
Am I smart enough for gaddis?
>>
>>9341298
Probably not, but he'll be worthwhile regardless
>>
>>9341375
I'm joking I already read the recognitions and J R HOLY
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.