[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw reading Notes from Underground It's like reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1481135891280.png (313KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481135891280.png
313KB, 400x400px
>mfw reading Notes from Underground
It's like reading a biography of my life. It's physically painful for me to read and I'm only 5 pages in. Does Dostoyevsky reconcile all of this?
>>
nope. shit's hilarious tho.
>>
it's ok to be a walking contradiction like the writer
hey its ok anon
the more we know ourselves the easier it is to overcome ourselves
i started dieting and going out after this book
>>
>>9337910
But does Dostoyevsky give a solution?
>>
>>9337922
its a character study my man
no solutions to be found beside what you make of your own dude
>>
>>9337833
holy shit that book was awful
>>
>>9337833
holy shit that book was great
>>
>>9337833
holy shit I haven't read that book but this is /lit/ so I can still pretend to
>>
>>9337922
He has some mildly uplifting books and stories out there. This is not one of them.
>>
Good luck on the 2nd part lmao
>>
>>9337833
>that autistic quest for revange the MC goes on
>that dinner scene
>the humilliation his servant puts the MC through

You have seen nothing yet. Read The Double next if you enjoy that second-hand embarassment.
>>
>>9337922
Christianity, of course. The undeground man is a product of the nihilism of his time, thus egoism, self-hatred, internal divisions.
>>
>>9338510
(therefore not surprising that it seems to be you, neither it is that if fits, to some extent, absolutely everyone on 4chan)
>>
>>9337833

it just gets worse and worse. it's a disgusting book. brilliant, of course, but quite horrible.
>>
>>9337833
>read NfU
>aw shit yeah this guy is wickeh smaht
>turnaround halfway the book
>owh fuck iam an autistic fagget
>>
>>9338566
For this reason the book is great. It like reading catcher in the eye in high school.
"Yeah this Holden guy is cool!"
"Yeah people are phonies!"
Finish book
"What was the point? Even Holden was a phony! Wait...."

In NFU you learn that logic isn't really the highest value. It makes you admire the characters intelligence then shows you how it has twisted him.
>>
>>9337962
>>9337970
>>9338014
Runs the gamut of analysis offered on this board
>>
File: 2017-04-05-13-53-25-157765731.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-05-13-53-25-157765731.png
4KB, 225x225px
>tfw no cute prostitute gf
>>
>>9338510
but also remember pls do not be catholic
>>
>>9340835
Prostitutes are not cute dude. They are tough and savage. Proper women.
>>
>>9340835
did you not understand she wanted the nobleman?
>>
>>9337833

>tfw read this book twice and still have no idea what the fuck he's talking about in the first part
>>
the thing doesnt even get that uncomfortable until the second part dude
>>
>>9341342
I'm pretty sure she loved the UM even after he revealed his true nature.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.