[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What you think about this book? Im thinking of giving it a show,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 48-laws-of-power.jpg (56KB, 350x404px) Image search: [Google]
48-laws-of-power.jpg
56KB, 350x404px
What you think about this book? Im thinking of giving it a show, a lot of people recommend it.
>>
>>9335007
shot*
>>
Eh...
It's not terrible.
I suck at expressing why I dislike something.
Yeah sure give it a try, I'll give you a bump.
>>
I read it in my teenage angst years and rather forget about it
>>
>>9335640
This
>>
It's a pretty entertaining series of historical anecdotes, just don't read it and get on a mental high of being a ruthless supervillian.
>>
>>9335007
He is contradicting himself a lot of time in this book.

This is a little pathetic but a good entry level on this kind of literature.
>>
It's a nice list of stories, but he makes it sound like every one of the anecdotes was 100% controlled from beginning to end. It's too easy to think that when you have the benefit of hindsight. In this respect, he's like the Jared Diamond of realpolitik.

Another gripe I had is that Greene's writing is terribly formulaic. By the time I started reading his 50 cent book it was wearing thin. I could predict what he was gonna say next to fill his little formula checklist.
>>
It's great, but it's worth noting that you shouldn't necessarily take each "law" as something you should follow. Some of them certainly do contradict one another. I think of them as 48 routes to power, for you to use at your own discretion in any combination that works for you.

The greatest utility of the book comes from the way it will get you thinking in a frame of mind you probably haven't really considered before. You will start to see those in your own life or on the world stage utilizing these laws. At the very least, it will make it harder to fuck with you.
>>
>>9335007
Robert greene isn't he the guy who wrote the fault in our stars? get the fuck out of here pleb
>>
I just bought Mastery, it's coming in the mail. What say /lit/?
>>
>>9336696
why not
>>
>>9335640
this. I dont remember shit from that book
>>
>>9337774
Hope you're trolling but that's John Green.
>>
Is this the sequel to POWR MASTRS?
>>
>>9335007
Its ok as long as you realise that some of the historical examples he mentions not only didnt happen but happened in the opposite way
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.