[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1491312150595.jpg (5KB, 249x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491312150595.jpg
5KB, 249x225px
I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Reddit anymore.
Here's how I did it.
>Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

>Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

>Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

>It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

>Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

>Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.
>>
>>9334427
Exact same thing for me. All these recommandations are really but I'm gonna add one.

Explore what kind of genre you could like. Just like OP, I started really getting into reading 3 months ago and now I can't stop. Before that, I thought that I hated it because I had only read shitty fiction books. I discovered later that I'm really into history and philosophy and now it's my main occupation
>>
>>9334427
very good advice friendo, you are giving me a very comfy vibe.
>>
>>9334427
Is this a spicy new meme?
>>
>>9334427
Yes, everything stated should be considered.
I read 1-3 books a year, outside of school, up until junior year. The summer before senior year I readily set myself up for reading; moving the tv out of my room, unplugging the PS4 when not playing, reading before bed, these were all things I did in hopes of reading more. Since this, which coming up this summer will be a year, I've read 60 books.
Couldn't be happier! I'm able to express myself in ways previously unconsidered, and now have something to do for the rest of my life.
>>
>>9334638
No.
https://warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=I+became+an+avid+reader+like+three+months+ago
OP has some sort of autism which makes him find this copypasta inexplicably hilarious enough to post it something over 250 times now. Usually the same image or variations on it.
>>
File: 12345679.jpg (78KB, 347x500px) Image search: [Google]
12345679.jpg
78KB, 347x500px
>>9334640
>>
>>9334650
>falling for the b8
>>
>>9334640
>only 60 (sixty) books a year
wow stop posting anytime
>>
File: large.jpg (178KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
178KB, 500x653px
>>9334640
Reading before bed is really underrated desu
Great for getting to sleep
>>
>>9334427
I like your points, especially the one about choosing a couple of books to read so that you can switch when you feel a lull in the current book you are reading. I used to have an english teacher tell his students to finish every book you start, but I find that if you restrict yourself from starting other books you won't be happy to continue reading, making it another chore to complete on your to-do list. Reading shouldn't be something you need to do, but rather something you naturally gravitate to when you have time for yourself.
>>
>>9334427
>>Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.
How many books do you read at a time? How do you keep track of which ones you're reading? I find that when I get bored with one book, I'll pick up another one that looks interesting, and then another one, and another one... and I'll end up not coming back to the original book, or if I do, it will have been so long that I forgot the context of what I was reading.
>>
>>9336589
Holy shit I thought that was a blowjob before clicking on it
>>
>>9336596
If I feel a lull I read a poem or two, I don't like to get invested in another story.
I'm usually refreshed after reading some poetry.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.