[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a friend just tried to commit suicide with pills. he's in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 7e sceau.jpg (32KB, 455x350px) Image search: [Google]
7e sceau.jpg
32KB, 455x350px
a friend just tried to commit suicide with pills. he's in hospital atm
What book should I send him?

He is fond of music, drugs, and is the nicest person ever.
ps: schyzophrenia related act
>>
>>9331171

He's your friend. Wouldn't you know what he likes better than us?
>>
Master and Margarita obviously. Everyone needs a laugh from time to time.
>>
Maybe Dharma Bums? It's a really life-affirming novel so maybe that's what he needs.
>>
Songs of a Dead Dreamer desu

>>9331181
this
>>
>>9331171

east of eden
>>
Dosto short stories. Particularly Dream of a Ridiculous Man
>>
>>9331171
Not books, music : dumb ways to die
>>
Sorry bout that anon, had a friend kill himself earlier this year, I know how scary it can be. Maybe some poetry? I like Dylan Thomas, Fern Hill is a good place to start.
>>
Meditations by Aurelius of course
>>
>>9331226
TIMSHEL
>>
>>9331171
The Bible.
>>
>>9331171
Send him a gun dude.
>>
>>9331171
My diary desu
>>
>>9331470
There it is, every thread, some inane child posts this "my diary desu" meme. I bet you don't even keep one, you pathetic whelp. Do you think you are funny, with your diary memes? All you are doing is wasting everyone's time. Fuck off to /pol/ or /v/, you're not welcome on a serious discussion forum.
>>
>>9331171
A book on how to kill yourself without fucking up. Seriously, how do you even fuck that up? Can't you just find somewhere tall and walk off?
>>
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
>>
Go to the hospital and talk to him instead
>>
>>9331557
I can't, he's too far away :( hence the book
>>
>>9331557
Show him pepes.
>>
Sounds like he needs a liberal dose of morality, STAT!
>>
>tfw no one would care if I killed myself
>>
hospitals, drugs and suicides?

infinite jest, obviously
>>
Literally infinite jest
Give him that website for the words too so he can just look over without looking them up.

http://infinitejest.wallacewiki.com/david-foster-wallace/index.php?title=Pages_3-27 and on and on
>>
>>9331384
this this this, get him the meditations OP
>>
>>9331171
I don't know that a book is the best move honestly. Talk to him, listen to him. Don't offer him solutions or fixes, just be there and let him know you love him.

sometimes a book can come off as threatening, it can be a burden. If you send the book and he doesn't read it, he could feel guilt and not want to reach out.
>>
i am your friend and i apologize now for what will happen later
>>
>>9331888
if you do feel you need to send a book, send something short and manageable. A short book of poetry, a short story, nothing over 50 pages.
>>
>tfw no infinite jest giving friend
Why live
>>
the bible!!
>>
>>9331171

Honestly this >>9331827
>>
>>9331171

Schopenhauer
>>
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.