[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why should I read books by men when males are incapable of sympathising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 28

File: 14670350153_65208d31cf_b.jpg (210KB, 1024x1018px) Image search: [Google]
14670350153_65208d31cf_b.jpg
210KB, 1024x1018px
why should I read books by men when males are incapable of sympathising with women and hence incapable of writing female characters?
also, you can't write about the "human condition" without understanding the other half of humanity
>>
okay nice thread post feet now
>>
File: 614h0wOZHeS.jpg (110KB, 827x1200px) Image search: [Google]
614h0wOZHeS.jpg
110KB, 827x1200px
>>9330835
why should books be about sympathy or understanding?

what can't books be about hate and death?
>>
How can I understand women more?
>>
>>9330844
>naked lunch
>hate and death

ahh, i remember being 16
>>
>>9330849
You can't, you literally can't. You have to meet them halfway from hysteria to death, it's the only way.
>>
>>9330849
step one is overcoming the obstacle that will otherwise undoubtedly cloud your mind and make you lose concentration
>>
Nice balustrade.
>>
>>9330844
This
>>
>>9330835
>insuperable divide between the genders meme
Almost as bad as denying gender biofacts, mate.
>>
>>9330835
You shouldn't. Men are unable to write women due to lack of empathy. Men are not socially repressed into this state, it's a drawback of maleness itself. They're good engineers but shit artists. No one incapable of empathy can write well.
>>
>>9330905
how do we fix the male problem?
>>
>>9330835
Because women are even worse at it.
>>
>>9330913
First of all, I want to make it clear that I'm not sexist. I have no problem with men in general, but I despise masculinity, which just happens to be a biological consequence of being male.
That said, we should kill all men.
>>
>>9330905
>men are shit artists
Give me a good female painter.
>>
>>9330933
Give me a good male one first. The burden of proof is on you.
>>
> also, you can't write about the "human condition" without understanding the other half of humanity

Women being classified as human is a pretty recent curiosity. For most of human history they're basically been breeding vats.
>>
>>9330945
because history was written by men, who are inhuman
>>
>>9330938
>MEN ARE SHIT ARTIST
>alright give me a good female painter
>BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU, NOT ME
Come on. You're fooling no one but yourself.
>>
>>9330950

> history
> his story

wtf I hate history
>>
>>9330933
Tamara de Lempicka
Artemisia Gentileschi
Giovanna Garzoni
>>
>males are incapable of sympathising with women

How dumb do you have to be to say this? Literally anyone can sympathize with anyone as long as they aren't sociopaths or complete spergs. Maybe you meant empathize? But even that's reaching. There's plenty of overlap between the male and female experience you segregationistic shit.
>>
>>9330957
>Man
>Can't think logically
What a surprise.
>>
>>9330835
If men can't understand women then women can't understand men. You can't exclude the other half just for your convenience.
>>
The Mary Sue Manic Pixie Girl is about all I see written. Tell me of some books written by men with realistic women? I could use the research, being a wanna-be 3rd Person novelist.
>>
>>9330965
>Tamara de Lempicka
I'll give you that one.

>>9330972
>Projecting this hard
I am still waiting for you to namedrop someone.
>>
>>9330968
you seem upset
>>
>>9330983
See >>9330972
>>9330988
Needing to prove yourself to a stranger on the internet may be something a child or a man experiences, but not me. Truth needs no argument.
>>
>>9330986
Stefan Zweig is great at it. Otherwise, the usual Tolstoi, Shakespeare, Dostoievski, ...
>>
File: 1.jpg (48KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
48KB, 625x468px
>>9330983
>If men can't understand women then women can't understand men.

>male logic
>>
>>9330965
So much for burden of proof, eh?
>>
>>9330999
>Dostoievski
>realistic female characters

hahahahahahahhahahahahah
>>
>>9330993
He's going all out. Nicely done.
>>
>>9330835
This could actually be a fruitful, interesting discussion but you clearly have your sights set on a nice afternoon of trolling. Have fun with that, but I might steal your thread topic for another day.
>>
>>9330988
>I'll give you that one.
>Implying the other two are not good
shit bait
>>
>>9331011
>I haven't read Crime and Punishment
>>
>>9331000
>all conditional statements express direct implication
nice brain
>>
>>9331015
Technically yes, but boring to death aesthetically desu senpai.
>>
>its a males pretend to be girls pretending to be males episode
make it stop plz
>>
>>9331030
Superficiality.
>>
>>9331035
anon, /lit/ has been a female-majority board since late 2015
get with the times
>>
File: stop not reading Neechee.jpg (53KB, 274x345px) Image search: [Google]
stop not reading Neechee.jpg
53KB, 274x345px
>>9330983
>You can't exclude the other half just for your convenience.
If there were a second half to everything, then you wouldn't be a virgin.
>>
>>9331019
joke's on you i have only read crime and punishment

Me 1 you 0
>>
>>9330991
I'm very mad because you can't use words correctly. If you're male or female, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>9331040
i don't think u can read my friend.
>>
File: mama.png (243KB, 599x411px) Image search: [Google]
mama.png
243KB, 599x411px
It's not that men can't empathize with women, it's that women, when clothed, are the most boring, vapid and inane creatures. Literally less fun to be around than dogs.
>inb4 virgin
I'm fucking 3 different girls right now, fuck off.
>>
File: lookatthispleb.jpg (72KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
lookatthispleb.jpg
72KB, 900x750px
>>9331039
>She's totally a great painter, guys
>>
>>9331044
There is a second half to everything and my sex life is none of your business. I have no need to validate my existence to a petulant, bitter misanthrope.
>>
>>9331054
Also, not even women like to be around other women, before you accuse me of being unable to understand women.
>>
>>9331060
Misandrist*
You sound like you should be writing shitty articles on natural law for Public Discourse with your fellow sexually repressed sub-females.
>>
File: Giaele-e-Sisara.jpg (2MB, 1500x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Giaele-e-Sisara.jpg
2MB, 1500x1074px
>>9331056
>you on the left
>>
WE MUST CANNIBALIZE THE FEMALES
Build artificial wombs and sex doll and we can be rid of the vaginal menace forever. We can build a better, male world without the horrid fish hole humans. We must EAT the female. Female is worthless besides her tasty tasty meat. Turn her into burger and faux crab legs. This is the way forward to utopia. You will all see.
>>
>>9331044
I hate that goddamn face so fucking much. She inspires me violence.
>>
>>9331083
Agreed, dumb cunt
>>
>>9331083
>>9331089
t.virgins
>>
>>9331072
What? I'm male.
>>
File: hurrrrr.jpg (78KB, 800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
hurrrrr.jpg
78KB, 800x1013px
>>9331073
>This is the work of one of the greatest female painter
>>
Wow people really ran wild with the bait this time.
>>
>>9331083
This 2bh, not even that hot plus a disgusting commie excuse for a person
>>
I love hitting women. Every ounce of bitchiness leaves them as soon as you smack them hard across the face. You should see how they cry and plead. A woman's power lies in her guile and her sex, her ability to manipulate, her intricate social web. Once you hit her and show her the power of muscle and.kight, she is powerless. As soon as you hit them, even the most cunty woman will cower like a dog and submit. This is the only way to deal with females.
>>
>>9331102
She looks like some beta just talked at her for hours about his new novel about being middle class and suffering from ennui or his political beliefs (fiscally conservative but socially liberal). Really captures he state of the average female.
>>
All that drove me to click on this post is that voluptuous woman's panties peeking out.

What's worse, OP knew the only way to get replies was posting an attractive female, rather than the merit of her post alone. Kind of ironic if you think about it. Maybe female characters are so one dimensional because they're merely accurate portrayals of a largely shallow gender.
>>
>>9331126
Unironically this, only a faggot would never hit a woman if she steps out of place. A slap a day keeps the lawyer at bay.
>>
>>9331110
>bait
you people use the "bait"-meme for anything mildly controversial
no, for god's sake, let's go back to circlejerking and agreeing with one another over some memes
it makes you, essentially, reddit

have an upboat, sir xD
>>
>>9331126
>gf for 18 months
>love her more every day
>sex gets better
>we cook together, listen to music, act, draw and write
>smarter than her
>just waiting for opportunity when I can hit her and justify it because our love is so solidified
>>
>>9330835
men are higher IQ so you should read them you dumb ho
>>
File: 80030004.jpg (84KB, 609x780px) Image search: [Google]
80030004.jpg
84KB, 609x780px
>>9331128
>"woah, so many baits over here..."
>>
>>9331143
How to get divorced 101.
>>
>>9330835
Tolstoi have good female characters.
>>
File: 1472509732361.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472509732361.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>9331142

Go outside.
>>
>>9331142
No credible, sane, respected human being has the opinions in the OP.
>>
>>9331147
This one is so fucking bad it is funny.
>>
>>9331141
Yup, since times immemorial, powerful men have used physical violence to keep women in their place. Women hate this because they know they are powerless in the face of masculine violence.
>>
File: 1389440723166.jpg (108KB, 712x720px) Image search: [Google]
1389440723166.jpg
108KB, 712x720px
>>9331137
by your own claimed example, actually:

female
>strategic thinker

male
>sheep, only driven by sex drive
>>
Survey: how many females in this thread? Leave a reply if you are a female.
>>
>>9331151
Nah I have the perfect plan. She knows I get super passionate, and as a young male I get very angry at certain things. I figure over our lives together, I can strike her 2 times (3 if I get lucky) and immediately show some sort of regret, and get away with it.
>>
>>9331173
I literally tried to violently rape my ex (we didn't have sex before that) and she had forgiven me that same night and fucked me, you'll be fine kek
>>
>>9331158
Do those tits look funny to you? You clearly don't know anything about the theme of breast in art.
>>
>>9331137
I would argue that female are extremely complex along the sexual axis (from the Whore of Babylon to Holy Mary). But that's a dimension that is completely uninteresting to men, who prefer systematizing.

>>9331166
By your own claimed example:

female
>useless without manipulating man

male
>driven to action for better and word
>>
>>9330835
>why should I read books by men when males are incapable of sympathising with women and hence incapable of writing female characters?
women aren't really people
>>
File: genie.jpg (66KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
genie.jpg
66KB, 630x354px
>>9331166
male
>sheep, only driven by sex drive

Point taken, I sometimes hate this about myself and my gender. But consider this. OP claims she doesn't/shouldn't care about a male perspective, then proceeds to bait men into replying to her thread with the aforementioned picture. Why?
>>
>>9331209
>I sometimes hate this about myself and my gender.
Just become a post-hedonic asexual you fucking biocuck
>>
>>9331193
This goes to show that you should never ask for a woman's consent- you should simply take what you want. It's in a woman's nature to submit. All those bitchy feminists who rage about toxic masculinity- secretly they just want to be raped and put in their place by a man.
>>
>>9331193
>>9331173
>>9331143
>>9331126
Justified abuse thread?
>>
File: 420allday.jpg (18KB, 242x224px) Image search: [Google]
420allday.jpg
18KB, 242x224px
>>9331196
I couldn't even focus on tits because the face was so bad.
>>
>>9331224
I'd fuck her desusenpai
>>
>>9331209
because dance monkeys dance?

men are adorably triggered
>>
>>9331076
>wombs and sex dolls
Women already are that. You just stopped treating them like what they are because you're an idiot and can't control them, much less yourself.
>>
>>9331219
Did you know that the fastest selling book that ever existed on this goddamn planet is 50 shades of shit?

Also, looking at the best selling erotica, women really, really, really likes dominant man / submissive woman and really, really, really hates submissive man / dominant woman.
>>
>>9330835
you shouldn't I guess.
>>
>>9331238
I'd tittyfuck her too.
>>
File: girl.jpg (41KB, 598x694px) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
41KB, 598x694px
>>9331246
>implying men get to choose whether they belong to the former category or the latter

sorry anon, you were born beta
>>
>>9331255
Threesome?
>>
>>9331196
they pushed them way up back then, it probably wasn't even a bad portrayal
>>
>>9331257
Not him but you were born a woman lol
>>
>>9331257
>implying women are able to choose when they get overwhelmed by emotions when they see dust under a bed
Did you know that most infanticide are done by the mother? So much for the caring part of women, right? Killing your own baby is literally what mothers are able to do that father won't.
>>
>>9331257
I was born alpha. Therefore women are my birthright. It's not rape if they belong to me, now is it? ;)
>>
People who complain about lack of good female characters can almost never give a good example of what they want out of a female character. Even if they can give a good one, in fiction, you need lots of different types of characters, so providing one example (usually a Mary Sue) isn't good enough.

>also, you can't write about the "human condition" without understanding the other half of humanity
You speak as if men and women are completely different. They're really not that different.
>>
>why should i read books by men
because a lot of good lit is written by men
>men don't understand women
not all women are the same and at least some men who happen to be authors understand some women. which means you're using absolutist terms to project your own black-and-white collectivist neurotic insecurity onto men as a monolithic group

i'm not going to shit on female authors because there are many who are as talented as the most talented men. but, the fact that the number one selling book written by a woman in the modern era is 50 Shades of Grey and then Harry Potter is not a sign of superiority.
>>
>>9331303
technically, it's still rape.
>>
Women spend their entire life trying to make pussy appear better than dick. But it's a tragically vain attempt, because dick is objectively better, as well as 1 is better than 0 and something is better than nothing. Will they ever realize this?
>>
>>9330945
Not really. They were viewed as inferior to men in most cultures, but few cultures viewed them as being so different from men as to simply constitute breeding vats. That's an exaggeration.
>>
>>9330835
If someone only chooses to read books that are written by people like them, they're the one being closed minded and unable to empathize. When your political and social opinions stop you from giving something a chance, you probably don't deserve to enjoy or dislike it.
>>
>>9331076
seek help, desu
>>
>>9330905
Holy... I want more..
>>
beta males are disgusting honestly. why do we even need to keep them around. we should just get rid of them, they arent necessary any more.
>>
2bh men really don't understand how pathetic a woman's life must be
>bleed and have terrible cramps every month
>go through childbirth, the most painful experience for an average human
>during sex they're treated as a fucking doormat with some ugly asshole stuffing your snatch and grunting like a retard
>if you cheat on him or break up you're considered a slut
>if you stay with him you're miserable for the rest of your life
>no one will ever take your intellectual aspirations seriously, if you have them
>weak, physically and mentally
Honestly I understand feminists, being a woman is the most miserable existence there is, much worse than any beta or a virgin.
>>
>>9331303
There is no birthright - only ability, application, and intelligent choices.
>>
>>9330835
>also, you can't write about the "human condition" without understanding the other half of humanity
well it's a good thing women have no humanity then.
>>
>>9331333
Disagree. Without nothing, there can be no something. Yin and yang.
>>
>>9331360
You both underestimate and overestimate women. Straight women ENJOY getting fucked. They love the grunting. They love the children that follow.

If a woman ends up stuck with a man that makes you miserable, they deserve their fate as much as a man who ends up stuck with a woman that makes him miserable deserves it.
>>
>>9331367
>this retarded pseudo-spiritual facebook-tier femlogic
Would you rather have step on someone than have someone step on you? A million dollars or 0?
>>
>>9330835
Why should I give a shit if the writer understands womens minds or not?
>>
>>9331371
No normal human being would enjoy being dominated, so am I to conclude straight females aren't normal humans?
>>
>>9331360
>if you cheat on him you're considered a slut
yes, if you cheat regardless of gender you are a slut. this is an incontrovertible fact
>stay with dude and be miserable
a good percentage of relationships are not hostage situations like you are imagining them to be. most women aren't literally afraid of leaving for fear of being attacked. Which means that if they stay its because they like him or they don't think they can do better. That feeling of uncertainty is part of the human condition and being a fallible mortal. The idea that only women are stuck in crappy relationships or experience objectification is sexist and retarded. Men are used like dildo's and throw-away werewolf/mandingo experiences. Men go to war, men's prisons are not like women's prisons (not debatable), men do hard labor, men get physically bullied (not emotionally like girls), men are sexually limited (some 15% of men will always be virgins and some 30% will have little to no sex ever), whereas most women can get sex on demand if they want without paying a dime or trying hard at all.

This is cucked as fuck, you're a nu-male emasculated sexist fuck wit and you should stop deluding yourself into thinking narcissistic sociopathic whores are better than chauvinistic, mana-whores
>>
>>9331379
is it better to burn out than fafe away?
>>
>>9331367
You mean the opposites. Cool, but then why women keep regretting that they have no dick? Feminism is based on that. "We want to have dick, so let's pretend we're all the same!"
>>
>>9331360

You're partly right... I would dispute some of these, though:

>during sex they're treated as a fucking doormat with some ugly asshole stuffing your snatch and grunting like a retard
They are hard-wired to like this, though, just like men are hard-wired to like being the one stuffing and grunting.

>no one will ever take your intellectual aspirations seriously, if you have them
No, a legitimately intelligent woman would be taken quite seriously... indeed, idolized by men and women alike... it's just that there are few legitimately intelligent women.

>if you cheat on him or break up you're considered a slut
>if you stay with him you're miserable for the rest of your life
In conservative societies, sure, but in modern Western societies I don't think this really matters any more.

But on the whole, I agree with you. In societies without military conscription (and even in some that do), women have it rougher than men. The periods, the pregnancy, the physical weakness and resulting fear of physically superior men, the lack of a proud history for one's gender... women indeed have it rough. The only guys who seriously think that men in modern Western societies have it rougher than women are either extremely inexperienced, utterly obsessed with sex to the point of being unable to see reality except through the filter of sex, and/or are full of rage towards women.
>>
>>9331393
Damn that's a lot of projection in that last paragraph. I said women are miserable, I didn't say they deserve compensation for being miserable.
>>
>>9331387
No normal human being would enjoy sticking his pee-tube into a mucus-covered hole that is next to the shitting hole and often surrounded by a bunch of hair, either... oh, except most normal males do enjoy that. Sexual desire overrides much that would normally arouse disgust. Being dominated sexually isn't the same thing as being dominated on the interpersonal level, unless you are really hardcore into bdsm or are being raped.
>>
>>9331426
Who in the hell are you fucking?
>>
>>9331403
>every teacher in the social sciences likes you
>teachers hit on you
>make fun of boys and lower their SMV whereas no matter how much boys ridicule you, you'll still get dick
>employers falling over themselves to hire you
>higher rates of scholarship offers, higher college acceptance rate
>treated better in primary school
>protected as a golden calve by administrators and teachers from any wrongthink malignant behavior from boys
>can accuse boys of rape to get away with hooking up with ugly guys
>every guy fantasizes about you
>media is geared towards you
>games and movies bend over backwards to appeal to you
>whole careers are available that do nothing but glorify women
>you can literally go from cradle to grave without ever working and getting tons of satisfying sex and material wealth in the process
>>
>>9331421
you don't understand what projection is and the idea that women suffer more as a group is repugnant. we all suffer, we're all human.
>>
>>9331437
>None of this applies if you're ugly
>You have zero pride because you know you haven't earned it, so you develop a brittle ego instead
>All but the highest-integrity men lie to you constantly
>Periods, pregnancy, physical weakness, have to fear half of humanity because almost any of them can overpower you and rape you
>If you try to coast on beauty, your value as a human starts to plunge when you are in your late 20s, at which point you have to either put a career together or basically sell yourself to a man
>>
File: 1487589979296.jpg (29KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
1487589979296.jpg
29KB, 470x313px
>this thread
I wonder if this is actually how women think, or if this is simply the act of some deranged autist on a ruse-cruise.
>>
>>9330835
Women are simply too boring.

I've never heard of an interesting woman.
>>
>>9331083
>>9331089
>>9331095
>>9331114
Maybe if you read kneechee you will understand real truth
>>
Because having a dick is better. No disagreement there. But the person I was replying to is essentially advocating going gay because "dick is better than pussy." We're talking about two different things here
>>
>>9331482

this is basically trolls on both side of the aisle trolling eachother for maximum entertainment. there's probably at least 10 dudes in this thread posing as chicks or identifying as them (this is 4chins after all)?
>>
File: 1490117270405.jpg (16KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1490117270405.jpg
16KB, 560x560px
>>9330843
fpbp
>>
>>9331469
>ugly
most college girls are pretty enough to avoid this issue, men aren't pretty at all
>all the men lie
all the women lie
>you have no pride
that's your problem and this isn't true ton of the women in universities have outsized egos and pride for their meager accomplishments
>pain and icky periods, muh fear of rape
rape culture is real, and is a problem in certain countries. but, for white pretty western women your chances of suffering actual violent rape are unbelievably slim. men have a 1-3 chance of being sexually assaulted in prison and a 1-4 chance of being assaulted in the military. men are more likey to be raped as kids than women and are more likley to be abused by female caretakers than girls are by men (due to extreme fear of punishment versus virtual impunity that women have). Men get bullied physically as kids and have to compete physically with other men for status and respect which involves risking extreme rejection and possible debilitating injury and loss of authentic self.
>can't coast on beauty
you can coast on cuteness, grace, feminine guile, sensuality and pernicious social gaming into your 50's which is what a large number of women do to survive
>>
File: oh baby doll.jpg (21KB, 210x436px) Image search: [Google]
oh baby doll.jpg
21KB, 210x436px
>>9330835
>males are incapable of sympathising with women
not true. i get women. now post feet.
>>
>>9331482
>>9331505
I'll admit that at least ten of these posts are mine. I've been spamming misogynist shit to get this thread deleted, but it sadly hasn't worked.
>>
>>9331553
Me too, but I don't want it deleted, I want to trigger roasties
>>
>>9331523
>most college girls are pretty enough to avoid this issue, men aren't pretty at all
Most men can get laid without too much difficulty if they actually try
>all the women lie
Tru
>that's your problem and this isn't true ton of the women in universities have outsized egos and pride for their meager accomplishments
I'm not a woman. Those university women you are referring to who are faking being accomplished either have brittle egos but deep down know that they don't deserve rewards, or they are stupid, and being stupid sucks.
>...rape stuff...
I agree with you, but I think that women fear rape more than men do, even though this is not necessarily rational. As for men having to compete physically, thankfully this is only a problem in low-IQ populations nowadays (hicks, gangbangers, etc.) Still too much of it goes on, I agree.
>you can coast on cuteness, grace, feminine guile, sensuality and pernicious social gaming into your 50's which is what a large number of women do to survive
You can actually coast on personal charisma as a man, too, if you feel like it. It's just that most guys don't feel like it.
>>
>>9331482
OP here
How is this surprising to you?

>>9331553
>>9331561
wow, what a revelation boyz
>>
>>9331569
Are you a girl OP?

To actually answer your question: you should read books by men because you're severely limiting your options, and especially quality options, otherwise.
>>
>>9331307
/thread

speaks for itself that you got no replies, I honestly hope that this thread is (mostly) bait and counterbait
>>
File: 1490118253410.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490118253410.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
>>9331569
>OP here
do you know where you are?

shoe on roastie or
poast feet or
sharpie in pooper
>>
>>9331589
YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE BABY
>>
File: You_re-Gonna-Die_2048x2048.jpg (34KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
You_re-Gonna-Die_2048x2048.jpg
34KB, 450x600px
>>9331607
>>
>>9331562
>men can get laid easily
nope
>women's fear of rape is somewhat irrational
yes its the product of a law and order obsessesed fascist society and the mania of dionysian bar-party-college-club culture
>5-7/10 betas can coast on charm
ehh, no. not like a 7/10 woman can who will always be cute and fuckable and pleasant to have around. milf's are a thing, dilf's not so much
>>
"Understanding women" is a meme perpetuated by women who think they have their finger on the pulse of the human condition. Believing wholeheartedly that you understand people is the domain of women.

Honestly, I've not found any crucial distinction between how women and men write their females except that women tend to write more sympathetically for the female character.
>>
>>9331612
>a 7/10 woman can who will always be cute and fuckable and pleasant to have around. milf's are a thing, dilf's not so much

That's actually quite wrong if the dilf stays in shape. Women have a smaller fuckability window. Obviously both genders are more ilf without the d/m respectively in either case.
>>
>>9330923
>t. self-hating faggot
>>
>>9330923
post feet bae
>>
>>9330835
>Muh vagina bleeds all over the place
>cramps
>lots of contrived mellow drama
BAM New york times best seller
>>
>>9330962
underated.

had a good chuckle
>>
File: 1480054000624.jpg (27KB, 599x521px) Image search: [Google]
1480054000624.jpg
27KB, 599x521px
>>9331612
>its the product of a law and order obsessesed fascist society
Oh, fuck off, what would you rather have instead? Security is like air, it's something that we only notice when it's not missing. Have you ever taken a trip out at night on a third-world country? It's fucking terrifying, like you're back in the Pleistocene jungle all over again. Would you have a society where there are several competing gangs that can arbitrarilty fuck you over to their merry pleasure, or one big gang that has several stated obligations to provide money to needy citizens and things like free medicine? You sheltered fuckwads have no idea of just how much it takes to build a civilized society.
>>
>>9331823
>Security is like air, it's something that we only notice when it's missing
fix'd
>>
File: 1490118192632.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1490118192632.png
42KB, 655x509px
>>9331823
wtf i hate god now
>>
>>9330993
>Truth needs no argument.
wew, I almost bit that b8
>>
>>9330986
Maybe Joelle Van Dyne?
>>
File: 1490777081763.jpg (63KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490777081763.jpg
63KB, 495x600px
where my roastie sisters at? Fucking men get annihilated in this thread. Beta cuck boiz lol.

Anyways, im off to drive in my car (invented by men), use a computer some more (invented by men), read some books by men, collect a paycheck from my employer (male), and then go to a bar dressed up and hope an attractive man approaches me and does all the work of seduction. Damn, why are men so useless and dumb lol? Girl power!
>>
>>9331823
>one group that's not related to most people in any meaningful way holds the rest of the population hostage
>they perpetuate violence against their own group and incite violence against other groups
>purposefully overbreed dysgenig bug people with low impulse control
>drug and terrify the population to prevent inevitable revolt against illegitimate authority outside of one's immediate kin group (within 3 generations of separation, not "the French" which isn't a legitimate kin group)
>encourage gang warfare, flood poor neighborhoods with drugs to fund black budget operations
>fund terrorism in other nations then hold your population hostage with faux war on terror
no you can take your security and fuck yourself. the State sucks and has nothing to do with keeping monsters at bay. me and my kin can do that, a small community of 150-300 people can do that if of healthy stock, competent and proper training. Total cuck mindset typical of fascists and monarchists
>>
>>9332003
Ok but your 300 people will get steamrolled by a group of 300,000 people organized under a government.
>>
>>9330835
i hate that beautiful women are allowed to exist
all women should be ugly and forced into arranged marriages
>>
>>9332003
The state doesn't survive because it's moral, the state survives because it's necessary, because most other forms of social organization were annihilated by states, in the historical processes of imperialism and the bloodbath that was the 20th century. Good luck getting a complex industrial society running with your 150-300 people.
>>
>>9331360
This is only a thing if women have been brainwashed to be like men. The natural impulse of a woman is to have kids and raise them in a stable, loving family. All else is superfluous, and as long as she has that, she's happy.
>>
>>9331076
A Modest Proposal was a good read.
>>
>>9332030
>the state doesn't survive because its moral
no it survives because it preys on the worst aspects of the human psyche and exercises extreme violence against its population.

Its a parasitic self serving institute anon, it doesn't protect anyone but the very powerful and very wealthy
>>
>>9330835
Because to not do so would be the same prejudice you're rebelling against, dipshit.
>>
>>9330835

I've heard women say that Daniel Clowes, author of the graphic Novel "Ghost World," wrote teenage female characters very well.
>>
>>9332111
>violence has been steadily going down through all of human history
>the state provides free money and healthcare and other things besides to its citizens to stave off rebellion
>extreme violence
You have no idea of what extreme violence means, you ignorant piece of shit. How about you take a trip to the gang wars in Mexico or a country like Brazil where you're liable to get your body burned and hidden away by some ganglord on the basis of a petty slight. However, it might be said that America (and I know there's no way you're not an American) might be said to be violent because of its large prison population.
Also, the stability and predictability the state provides gives room to more complex economic forms to develop, which is well in the interest of the state since it means more tax revenue. Go and take a trip at night in south american countries where the state is weak and unreliable, see how well you fare.
>>
>>9330968
this
>>
>>9330986

I found Agnes Deigh in the Recognitions a believable character. She calls the cops on a dentist for hitting this woman. Agnes sees it because her office window faces his. When she finds out he was disciplining his daughter, she feels terrible and agonizes about it. Then she writes this truly crazy letter by way of apology.

Dilsey in The Sound and the Fury is likewise thoroughly believable, and Faulkner himself said she is the only fully humane character in the book.

Henry James motherfucker.
>>
this is anti woman bait

because women have the greatest inability to write human characters that behave outside the confines of romantic fantasy.
>>
>>9332145
there is no justification for the expansion of human economic activities or industrial society, its totally insane to wish for that. its the end of life on earth and the extinction of organic life in general. Totally suicidal ideology. Techno-capitalism is psychotic and the State is the source of all its power.
>>
>>9332145
You should have just recommended that he go to a /b/ gore thread.
>>
>>9330905
lmao what a load of horseshit. The majority of art throughout history, in any medium, is done and mastered by men.
>>
File: 1468043497151.jpg (800KB, 2900x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1468043497151.jpg
800KB, 2900x1028px
>>9331126
>I love hitting women.
this is what numales want, but harming emotionally a woman, without physical harm, is the next last level and most men are not able to reach it.
>>
>>9331172
Here, quietly reading men react to an inciting topic posed by a woman by circlejerking over violence against women. Proves the point desuuu
>>
>>9332183
Are you the OP and are you a radical feminist? We should talk
>>
>>9330905
Ahh bait from the depths of the vagina
>>
>>9331019
>the women in crime and punishment are realistic
>only woman character who gets attention is a whore
>>
>>9330835
because a book fulfilling your standard for "sympathizing" and thus "writing" would lead to utter bullshit
source? see female authors writing female characters

they are utter garbage unless the female intentionally ignores the realistic parts of womanhood
>>
>>9333208
One of the "realistic parts of womanhood" is being conditioned into considering oneself an object & acting accordingly. Yes, good literature involves female characters "ignoring" that aka recognizing it as bullshit and living their own lives-- which really isn't ignoring if you get a bit less fucking dense
>>
>>9330905
>good engineers but shit artists

you're fucking retarded as OP
>>
>>9333216
assuming the bait is meant seriously

that´s why the op is retarded and books written by men are superior since they are written out of a viewpoint knowledgeable to personal agency
>>
File: 1489809487010.jpg (78KB, 567x564px) Image search: [Google]
1489809487010.jpg
78KB, 567x564px
>>9330835
why should I read books by women when females are incapable of sympathising with men and hence incapable of writing male characters?
also, you can't write about the "human condition" without understanding the other half of humanity
>>
>>9333237
Assuming you're also approaching this sincerely, achieving personal agency is different under suppression, making it a different "process" for a female character that a male writer might ignore. Additionally I think the OP is saying male writers are unable to assign authentic personhood to female characters because they don't view real women as having such.
>>
>>9332023
lol what
>>
>>9333245
>might

in regards of "authentic personhood" for females refer to my first reply towards the op

if you are correct in your assumption of ops intention that would lead to the fact that female characters that have an "authentic personhood" are bad characters or that no male writer has ever written a good female character

which i´m sure you will agree is incorrect

i think the op is just conflating inability with a general unwillingness to write to that specific standard that would for op mean the female character has "authentic personhood"
since in a book the quality of the character is more important than some hardly defined concept as authentic personhood
>>
>>9333295
I said might because I've seen male authors who arguably can do it.
To me, a "good" character representing "authentic personhood" is pretty simply just not a cliché. I think we can all spot them and their avoidance is not that specific of a standard. Judge Holden? Not a cliché. Busty barmaid? Cliché. When every depiction of a woman by an author is a cliché, it does betray huge lack of understanding or empathy on the author's part. (In general, I liked blood meme)
>>
>>9333339
i fully agree
with the first half

but i don´t think that clichéd depictions of women are based on a lack of understanding/empathy
to me it seems more like a lack in writing ability or intentional and important for the story to work

i can only speak of my experiences but in general an author that writes every woman in a cliché way is doing the same to the male characters
>>
>>9330923
First of all, I want to make it clear that I'm not a hater. I have no problem with baiters in general, but I despise bait itself, which just happens to be a biological consequence of being a baiter.
That said, we should kill all baiters.
>>
File: read.jpg (681KB, 2013x2048px) Image search: [Google]
read.jpg
681KB, 2013x2048px
stop reading books
>>
>>9330986
From Sophocles to Flaubert there's quite a choice of men who wrote psychologically accurate female characters.
>>
>>9333192
Nah I was just shitposting. I've never actually hit a woman.
>>
File: 1454480968144.png (253KB, 960x729px) Image search: [Google]
1454480968144.png
253KB, 960x729px
>>9330835
>women's """"literature"""""
W E W L A S S
E
W
L
A
S
S
>>
>>9330950
Better inhuman than an incapable animal.
>>
>>9330905
Ok. Only really great artists, the ones who trascendent their medium were males. You can try to indulgence women but you can't. Simply you can't. This is not about one of the gender being inherently better than the other, it's about the footsteps the ones left through art. Sure they are some female artist who deserve recognition. However, stating the men lack of emotion complexity to understand "human condition" is not only foul but pretencious and a slap in the face to any who masters any artistic discipline, regard of the gender. Such is a moronic and inexperienced opinion. Women are better artist than men? Don't be a deluded. Those kind of things are the reason we are going backwards in art nowadays. An imaginary division which lazy people uses as an excuse to their undesire of improve their artist medium.
I know half of the thread is a joke but there are people who think that way and that is dangerous.
>>
>>9330835
Then by your own logic, Women can't write about the human condition, Women don't understand men either, you just somehow have convinced yourselves that you do. So why bother writing about the human condition at all?
>>
>>9330923
ha, little girl thinks her bullshit opinion on /lit/ will change anyones mind. Listen sweetheart, men aren't going away any time soon, and desptie the constant attacks on it, neither is masculinity. If you;re so butthurt over male writing, read books by female authors and get the fuck over it, because why should a male author have to accommodate some "feminist" when women authors won;t accommodate men?
>>
>>9331166
as pointed out several times, Using the fact that the only thing of worth about you is whats between your legs != strategic thinking. You have no other option. And the fact that you think somehow the OP of this thread has demonstrated strategic thinking by posting a pic of a woman in a thread that is essentially trashing female artistic expression, you're beyond a lost cause. This is feminist logic. This is why you're losing
>>
>>9331387
This is an interesting sentence to discuss, but sadly you're probably to ideologically polluted to do so.
Basically,
>Most normal numbers arent even, numbers (claim), so am I to conclude primes larger than 2 are not real numbers?

It should go in the other direction. Females are human and this shows that willingness to be dominared is very normal.

This aspect aside, everyone has a wish to be dominated, often, told what to do, because peiple don't like responsibility for themselves
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.